FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Who will be the F1 2012 World Drivers Champion?

Fernando Alonso
26%
Mark Webber
6%
Lewis Hamilton
40%
Sebastian Vettel
20%
Nico Rosberg
No votes
0%
Kimi Raikkonen
3%
Romain Grosjean
3%
Jenson Button
3%
Other (please state in comment below)
No votes
0%
I went with Hamilton only if the new coming upgrades work out good with Mclaren, If not then Alonso and Vettel shall be the winners.

Anyone know if McLaren have any f**king upgrades coming at last in Silverstone?
I went with Hamilton only if the new coming upgrades work out good with Mclaren, If not then Alonso and Vettel shall be the winners.

Anyone know if McLaren have any f**king upgrades coming at last in Silverstone?

From my side i didn't heard anything about new updates.

Maybe they keeping it secret or mostly they don't have something good yet.
After valencia and seeing the pace vettel had in hot conditions was able to stay out longer than most option runners in the 1st stint and the way he pulled away from the field makes him the favourite because red bull seem to have found something. If not him then surely alonso he is the most complete driver in f1, I fear for hamilton because mcclaren seems to be very sensative to climate change and chews its tyres more than hes main rivals. For example vettel had a 4 second lead @ the end of lap 2 at valencia because in the heat the mcclaren goes backwards.
I think it's gonna come down to Hamilton and Alonso, I've gone for Hamilton but it's gonna be a tall order against Alonso in the 2nd half of the season.

I would never rule Red Bull out, it's going to come to Alonso Vettel and Hamilton, it generally always does, but this will be settled by car development and whom can get the most understanding and therefore apply the best race strategy given the Pirelli rubber for that weekend on a given track.
I think it's gonna come down to Hamilton and Alonso, I've gone for Hamilton but it's gonna be a tall order against Alonso in the 2nd half of the season.

I would never rule Red Bull out, it's going to come to Alonso Vettel and Hamilton, it generally always does, but this will be settled by car development and whom can get the most understanding and therefore apply the best race strategy given the Pirelli rubber for that weekend on a given track.

I think Alonso and Hamilton have their heads in the best places atm, Vettel has let some things get to him a bit. For Vettel to win It'd take for Red Bull to give him a car that he can do what he did most of last year and scamper off at the start in most of the remaining races. If it comes down to a straight fight or a change in balance/dominance from race to race then I don't really count Vettel. Ferrari are strong and the car is going to get better and Mclaren have had some stupid problems which they should get over. Red Bull for the constructors cs but unless they come up with something exceptional like last year (hoping valencia isn't a sign of that) I don't really count them for the drivers cs.
The more I think about it, the more i think it will be Alonso - he seems the calmest of characters, and the F150 has come on leaps and bounds.

Indeed it's come all the way leaping and bounding to F2012.
The more I think about it, the more i think it will be Alonso - he seems the calmest of characters, and the F150 has come on leaps and bounds.

Indeed it's come all the way leaping and bounding to F2012.

Im old skool....

(ok, so im a year out - you get what I mean....)
The only one that has shown dominance this season, has actually been Vettel. The first couple runs he was kinda out of it, but they guy adapted, and has shown flashes of dominance, even if for reasons the plans fell thru.

Alonso, without dominating has risen above everyone else. Solid and great, when you make no mistakes you have the oportunity to capitalise on others' mistakes. If Ferrari starts Qing better than P5, then they will be a very strong force.

Lewis... Pretty much faultless as well. Let down by the team, and maybe the Maldonado incident was a small couple of pts judgement mistake by him? But yea, if the teams the small fumbles its gonna be uphill, cause Alonso and Vettel are in mega form.

So Alonso or Vettel....... Will vote after Silverstone ;)
I think last week was the first time the RedBull was anywhere close to showing any sort of dominance. And as we all know, form in just one race this season means nothing.

They have the potential - but so do 3 other teams.
Right folks, eight races into the season and we still have no idea who will be champion come November! :eek::D

Is anyone brave enough to hazard an early guess???? :twisted::twisted::twisted:

The pne with the most points obviously!

Given the lottery, it's impossible to say with any certainty. Of course another Vettel championship would be fantastic but it'll most likely be Alonso or Hamilton given the consistency of their cars.
Of course another Vettel championship would be fantastic but it'll most likely be Alonso or Hamilton given the consistency of their cars.

Then again it's possible it's due to the drivers more than the cars. Given the performance of their respective teammates.

See our F1 related articles too!