FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Magnussen seems to be some sort of reserve driver for 2015. It's going to be good to see champions Alonso and Button together for a year now.

I'm pretty confident Button won't endure a Raikkonen-style walkover, regardless which of the two ends up with the most points.
Wow its just been confirmed, JB has bought himself yet another year with the team. Incredible.
The last time that Lewis Hamilton won a WDC and Jenson Button narrowly avoided a departure from F1, Button went onto win the WDC the following year...

I'm just saying... :twisted:
You forgot to add the fact that in 2009 Brawn also swapped engines, from Honda to Merc, and this year they are also swapping engines, from ...er hold on :twisted:
By LRW
The last time that Lewis Hamilton won a WDC and Jenson Button narrowly avoided a departure from F1, Button went onto win the WDC the following year...

I'm just saying... :twisted:

Also - the last time Australia was the opening round of the season, Hamilton won the WDC.

I'm just saying... ;)
MOA, thats taking the concept of support thread to a whole new level :hehe:

It is, however a FACT! :P

It was also Honda's fault he was in that position.
By LRW
Ron Dennis just confirmed Jenson has signed a TWO year contract.

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/12479/9600125/mclaren-media-event-live

Dennis also said...

"For Jenson he has to play his own role. He has his own hurdles to jump, some of which have been quite deliberately put in front of him from the perspective of assisting with the decision which of course I fully recognise has been quite long in coming.
All we need to hear now is that he is on the same wage as Alonso and i will be just about ready to do a Red Bull ram raid on the MTC and help myself to the orange F1 before torching the place
MOA, thats taking the concept of support thread to a whole new level :hehe:

It is, however a FACT! :P

If we're talking facts, it would have been an option for him to leave McLaren since the last driver to eschew their contract renegotiating offer won a championship as well. Button in the car bird seat!

A good pairing for the sport if you ask me, and another heads up champions matchup to watch in 2015.

See our F1 related articles too!