FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
No we are I accept that s*** happens without the need for far fetched theories :)

Thats because you support the team. But whatever.
By IheartKimmi
Racechick, you started this thread as a way to antognise Button supporters. It was started soon after Lewis had his first win so you cannot say it was for any other reason. You have made it quite clear that you only support Lewis, that is fine, but to start a thread like this just shows that you are not a fan of the sport but are a 'fan-girl'.

Someone else started a very well reasoned thread about Jenson Button and it was going well. Let me ask you this.... if Lewis was going through what Jenson is - what would you say? Oh, I know, you blame everyone and his dog for anything that happens to Lewis :rolleyes: I do think Jenson is having a hard time with the tyres but it will get better. RC do you want Lewis to get his old engineer back now??

I know people can get passionate about F1 but deary me, you take that passion to a whole new, whacky level. I have been to many F1 races and the whole ethos is supporting your team/driver and you can be sitting amidst rival supporters but are not scared about getting a kicking for wearing the wrong colours. I admit I have not been to Spain in the middle of Alonso fans, nor Italy wearing MacLaren gear but I think F1 still has a bit of dignity about it.

You will probably Moderate my post, but at least you will have read it and maybe something will click
By racechick
So I can blame Lewis for costing McLaren a WDC to add to their tally?

Not really, because Mclaren ignored his and Bridgestones calls to pit. At least joint responsibility if not more Mclaren.
And then the wierd engine thing? lewis hittin the limiter? A fault by Mclaren? Max sid they could only continiue in F1 if they didnt win the championship?
By bud
Actually Lewis admitted in a recent interview...the question was "what piece pf advice would you give your younger self if you could" he answered tell myself its slippery coming into the pits in China. :hehe:
And you can't honestly think Brazil was a Mosely conspiracy? No wait you could :rofl:

You miss the point they're a Team! You get annoyed at mistakes but pointing fingers at them is pointless. Lewis can't win races running around the track he needs a car, nor can the team just have any mechanic drive their car.
By racechick
Racechick, you started this thread as a way to antognise Button supporters. It was started soon after Lewis had his first win so you cannot say it was for any other reason. You have made it quite clear that you only support Lewis, that is fine, but to start a thread like this just shows that you are not a fan of the sport but are a 'fan-girl'.

Someone else started a very well reasoned thread about Jenson Button and it was going well. Let me ask you this.... if Lewis was going through what Jenson is - what would you say? Oh, I know, you blame everyone and his dog for anything that happens to Lewis :rolleyes: I do think Jenson is having a hard time with the tyres but it will get better. RC do you want Lewis to get his old engineer back now??

I know people can get passionate about F1 but deary me, you take that passion to a whole new, whacky level. I have been to many F1 races and the whole ethos is supporting your team/driver and you can be sitting amidst rival supporters but are not scared about getting a kicking for wearing the wrong colours. I admit I have not been to Spain in the middle of Alonso fans, nor Italy wearing MacLaren gear but I think F1 still has a bit of dignity about it.

You will probably Moderate my post, but at least you will have read it and maybe something will click

I won't moderate your post. there's nothing in that requires moderation and you are entitled to your opinion. But you are incorrect on a few points.
My intention was not to antagonise Button supporters. Only I know why I started the post so you'll ahve to take my word on that. Myownalias is a Button supporter and we respect our different stanpoints. I wouldnt want to antagonise him and while Ive never been a real Button supporter I dont believe I've ever 'called' him. I have explaine d before that my attitude to Button changed over last year, probably unfairly because of Whitmarsh.

Do I want lewis to get his old engineer back now? I havent really thought about that to be honest. I think it was wrongto upset the partner ship initially but thats happened now.

What do you mean by a fan -girl? Ive asked this before. Im a fan and Im a girl. yes.

Ive also been to many F1 races,about 15, and camped in fields with supporters of different teams and drivers. Ive also watched F1 in many different countries in sports bars and restaurants, including in Grenada in the Alonso years. Not sure what point you're making there.Are you suggesting I might kick supporters of other teams :rofl::rofl:
By geetface9
What do you mean by a fan -girl? Ive asked this before. Im a fan and Im a girl. yes.

racechick, one is a fanboy/fangirl when they completely refuse to support anything but their own selected team/driver/brand/hardware/whatever and trash talk anything that goes against it. There's a huge fanboyism between people with xbox 360 and ps3. I check amazon.com a lot to browse video games and there are always forum posts at the bottom where ps3 'fanboys' just bash the xbox 360 and microsoft to hell to get a rise out of xbox 360 and microsoft supporters, and vice versa. So he's just saying you're posting this purely to get a rise out of button fans or whoever rather than to have some kind of constructive debate. I have no comment on who posted what and why, I'm just explaining the meaning. :D
By racechick

racechick, one is a fanboy/fangirl when they completely refuse to support anything but their own selected team/driver/brand/hardware/whatever and trash talk anything that goes against it. There's a huge fanboyism between people with xbox 360 and ps3. I check amazon.com a lot to browse video games and there are always forum posts at the bottom where ps3 'fanboys' just bash the xbox 360 and microsoft to hell to get a rise out of xbox 360 and microsoft supporters, and vice versa. So he's just saying you're posting this purely to get a rise out of button fans or whoever rather than to have some kind of constructive debate. I have no comment on who posted what and why, I'm just explaining the meaning. :D

OK Thanks. Im not one then. Cos I really like Grosjean and Senna. I love the two Sauber drivers to do well. Like Nicco Rosberg a lot. Fluctate with Webber(I have some of his gear from Jaguar days :D) .
And although Vettel and Alonso are Lewis' main competitors,(and Ive not been keen on Alonso) I have a healthy respect for their talents and much prefer them to be fighting against Lewis than Lewis to have an easy ride.
So Id say not a fan girl :D
By CookinFlat6
I am not sure whats wrong with bashing Button, who after all is currently the worst driver on the grid

we bashed Massa when he had a dip, Lewis was bashed last year for only winning twice, MS is bashed for just turning up

thats the nature of following sports, in the olde days we would have pelted Button with rotten eggs for his performances in the last few races
By geetface9
I am not sure whats wrong with bashing Button, who after all is currently the worst driver on the grid

I think several F1 drivers and I might disagree with you on that one :rofl: ask vettel what he thinks about cucumbers :rofl:
By Hammer278

I think several F1 drivers and I might disagree with you on that one :rofl: ask vettel what he thinks about cucumbers :rofl:

Has the cucumber ever been lapped by his teammate though? Can't recall.

And anyway, Cookinflat has a point...Lewis was bashed to no end last year due to racing too hard and being involved in incidents, it's only fair to give the due to Button when he deserves it. :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!