FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By killem2
So much bull s*** spewed in this thread.

Apparently no one ever remembers when greats are asked if having a good car matters. Schumacher, Senna, Vettel, Fernando, Hamiliton, damn near any F1 driver will tell you, the car makes a huge difference.

Nothing is wrong with Jenson. He's a fine driver.

There are few drivers ever who can turn crap cars into gold and the circumstances have to be perfect.

Not suprised to see this thread started by race chick though. Fairweather fan an her best. Ready to dump on mclaren only to have her crawling back.
By What's Burning?
^^I don't have a dog in this fight but to say this year's McLaren is a bad car is ludicrous. It is a car capable of getting in the first two rows in any GP this year. That's a "good" car.

If McLaren and Button haven't figured out what's wrong, I don't think anyone on this forum will, so let's just call it for what it is, a slump and a sense of being lost at the moment, it will pass I'm sure once they do figure it out. I don't think even the most ardent of Jenson fans here has ever claimed that he was faster than Lewis or Vettel or Alonso, simply that he has a unique skill set that's allowed him a long F1 carreer while not being the "fastest" driver.
By darwin dali
And we love our Forum Queen very very very much :bow::bow::bow:

:director: You'd better.
Or I get myself a new boy toy :whip::whip::whip:
By geetface9
So we've established that I'm a bigotted clown because I believe that Button is a good driver. Learn something new everyday.

and a woman hater too remember?? :hehe:

don't listen to the children that can't have any level of civilized debate without slinging silly insults. They're the real ones with low IQ's.

Anyway,

Button's having some set up issues at the moment...not the first time and it won't be the last. I'm sure he'll have it worked out by silverstone for his home gp!! :twisted: He may be the tire master but he got that label during the bridgestone years. Then pirelli came along and perez has been the real tire master since the first race of last year!!! button doesn't have lewis' raw pace but when he's on form he knows how to bring the double digit points home!
By Injen
So we've established that I'm a bigotted clown because I believe that Button is a good driver. Learn something new everyday.

Button is a good driver along with Kovi,Kobi,Maldo,D Resta,and many other mid field players.Being a good driver is not going to win Mclaren the WCC or win Button the WDC,you need to be a cut above the rest and go beyond being just a good driver.

Lewis's, Alonso,Vettel are great drivers,they are beyond just being good lol.

Button's having some set up issues at the moment...

Ermm really,let's see.

Two crashes,starting eight while you teammate starts last but still beats you and on top of that you get lapped by your teammate who is in an identical car.Now i don't know any other driver that this has happened to this season,in fact as of now Jenson is the worst driver on the grid,especially if you take in the car he is actually driving.

You are damn right Mclaren are scratching their heads,Jenson is driving like he has most of his career.

Can you imagine the threads and post on this forum and the media if it was Lewis and not Button,Jenson has made a rod for his own back and so have the media by proclaiming him number one lol and Jenson drank it up like cheery cool aid,silly silly boy lmfao. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
By Hammer278

Can you imagine the threads and post on this forum and the media if it was Lewis and not Button,Jenson has made a rod for his own back and so have the media by proclaiming him number one lol and Jenson drank it up like cheery cool aid,silly silly boy lmfao. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

:yikes:....I never thought about that, what would the talk be about if the roles were reversed?

Taking some guesses,

"Lewis is completely demoralized by Jensons amazing performance last year"

"Lewis has relinquished the McLaren team to Jenson. It is now Jensons den"

"Jenson has proven to everyone he could take the fight to the best and break them down completely"

and so on and so forth. :hehe:
By Injen

:yikes:....I never thought about that, what would the talk be about if the roles were reversed?

Taking some guesses,

"Lewis is completely demoralized by Jensons amazing performance last year"

"Lewis has relinquished the McLaren team to Jenson. It is now Jensons den"

"Jenson has proven to everyone he could take the fight to the best and break them down completely"
and so on and so forth. :hehe:

Exactly. :clap:

With have already had these lines..

"jenson has made the team his own"

"jenson is now number 1 driver"

"lewis is flustered with jenson's performance"

Now to be fair to Jenson it was the likes of the bbc f1 team and autosport and the brittish media that said these things but Jenson did not put them in they're place,he lapped it up and took all the praise and hype thinking that Lewis would never recover,oh how he and the Jenson groupie media were wrong.

Now it's "whats wrong with Jenson,it must be the car" lol,the same car that won him the first race of the season,the same car that his dead and gone teammate is performing in every race.

My only guttering thing about it is Mclaren will not win the WCC with mr no grip at the wheel of a very well built car,as Ron said "we have built a fantastic car this year"
By racechick
So much bull s*** spewed in this thread.

Apparently no one ever remembers when greats are asked if having a good car matters. Schumacher, Senna, Vettel, Fernando, Hamiliton, damn near any F1 driver will tell you, the car makes a huge difference.

Nothing is wrong with Jenson. He's a fine driver.

There are few drivers ever who can turn crap cars into gold and the circumstances have to be perfect.

Not suprised to see this thread started by race chick though. Fairweather fan an her best. Ready to dump on mclaren only to have her crawling back.

The car is good. lewis just won the GP in it.

If you want to talk about my level of support to F1 get your facts right sir. I am not a fair weather supporter, I am a loyal and passionate supporter of Lewis Hamilton and have been since before he joined F1.Thats first and foremost. Because of that and the last driver I supported, McLaren are the team I support...Seconary to my driver. Crawling back? Whats that supposed to mean? I will call out Mclaren when they screw up as spectacularly as they have in the first few races of this season, that doesnt mean I dont want them to do well and it doesnt mean I wont praise and credit them with when its due.
By geetface9
If you want to talk about my level of support to F1 get your facts right sir. I am not a fair weather supporter...I will call out Mclaren when they screw up as spectacularly as they have in the first few races of this season, that doesnt mean I dont want them to do well and it doesnt mean I wont praise and credit them with when its due.

I once read a quote that said "I love my country, which is why I feel the need to criticize her endlessly!" :twisted: Same can be said of your support for mclaren. You just want them to do well so bad that you moan whenever they aren't!! Nothin' inherently wrong with that :)
By racechick
If you want to talk about my level of support to F1 get your facts right sir. I am not a fair weather supporter...I will call out Mclaren when they screw up as spectacularly as they have in the first few races of this season, that doesnt mean I dont want them to do well and it doesnt mean I wont praise and credit them with when its due.

I once read a quote that said "I love my country, which is why I feel the need to criticize her endlessly!" :twisted: Same can be said of your support for mclaren. You just want them to do well so bad that you moan whenever they aren't!! Nothin' inherently wrong with that :)

No. I want them to do well because lewis drives for them, and when they compromise him I moan.
By bud

No. I want them to do well because lewis drives for them, and when they compromise him I moan.

And when he compromises the team you shut up right?
By geetface9

That's what I meant :blush:
By racechick

That's what I meant :blush:

Then you were spot on :thumbup:
By IheartKimmi
Lol,some of these people are in denial in this thread.

Fact..Jenson is not as fast as Lewis,Alonso,Vettal,Grosjean,Sergio,Maldonado,Rosburg,especially when it comes to Qualifying.He never was any good a qualifying unless he had an advantage like the Brawn car.

Debatable "Fact"

Fact..The MP4-27 unlike the 2011 car has had a lot of Jenson input built into it,it's not built around Lewis like the MP4-26,so that's that excuse out the window.

Citation Required - and if what you say is indeed fact then the assumption is that Lewis was the main contributer to the 2011 car and we see how that suited him

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson are driving identical cars,they are the same car Just like Paddy and Martin and Ron have said.

Not in dispute, therefore no need to mention it

Fact.. Lewis and Jenson can have nothing hidden from the other,Jenson can set up his car,like he has done,exactly the same as Lewis's.

I'm not sure what you are trying to say here. Are you saying that Jenson has set his car up to be the same as Lewis or are you saying that both drivers are setting their cars up to suit them individually? If it is the former, then Citation Needed, if it is the latter then Duh, no need to mention it

Fact.. All drivers have to use the same tires and they all have DRS available at the same time during the race.

Not in dispute so no need to mention it

Fact.. The cars are very close now in timings,this means that you have to be on your game if you want to start at the front of the grid,Qualifying is key,Jenson is is really suffering because of his slow qualifying times,that's not the car that's the driver.

Again this is another fact that does not need stated

Fact.. With Lewis's medium 2011 people really forgot that he is a top driver and very fast,Jenson along with the media actually thought he beat Lewis at his best and now in 2012 Lewis's is at his best and JENSON HAS NO ANSWER,the loving Jenson groupie media fed him the cool aid and he drank it,silly boy. :rofl:

Not a Fact an opinion - next!

Fact.. There are faster and better drivers in cars that are not far off the Mclaren or just as good,Jenson is being found out with every race,there is no bouncing back unless he can step up his game and out qualify Lewis,Vettal and Alonso and Rosburg,it's as simple as that.

Opinion again but fairly factual as it stands right now

If Jenson thinks it's bad now then he aint seen anything yet,the screw is about to tighten even more because their is no magic formula for a driver who is slow,no matter what he does to the car he will suffer.

Other drivers are bringing the pain but Lewis is about to bring the suffering,the self doubting demons have already set in lol.Perhaps if he would not of believed the groupie media hype he would be more equip to deal with the overblown expectations.

No grip Jenson really hasn't got any grip,in his own words "i'm lost" lmfao.

So Injen, your "Facts" are either opinion or something that relates to F1 in general. I have no problems with stating facts. Facts are things like every driver has to use two types of tyres during a race, opinions are Lewis thought, Jenson thought, you dont know what they are thinking so that is your opinion not a fact.
By racechick

And when he compromises the team you shut up right?

I accept Lewis makes mistakes and am hugely disappointed when he does so, but you're right I probably shut right up. But you know Bud we're both passionate and loyal supporters, its just that for you the team comes first and for me the driver, so we come at things differently. You must also be disappointed when McLaren get it wrong but you also shut up or defend them. We're not so very different.

See our F1 related articles too!