FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Frozen yellow frogs? I didn't know people still did LSD.

Oh no, you don't want to go licking the yellow ones. Frozen frogs could be an interesting business to go into though.
Hi Guys,

What's burning? I'll get some pictures up on here soon, of the mechanical side of things. I don't know if another F1 team would show you that :hehe:

I've assembled the car, looking pretty shiny. I'm gonna repaint a few parts so I can get them closer to prefect. One can see that I have started to paint the black surfaces. I did intend to wrap these parts in a carbon fibre printed decal, but think it'll look rubbish if I can't get them to wrap tightly. I'll have a go and see what it loks like. I can't decide on the livery. :confused: A bit more work needs to be done on the mechanical side, grind a new prop shaft and align the gearboxes.

Let me know what you guys think.

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the positive comments. I aim to finish the project in about a month or two.

I've been slacking lately on this project, the car is fully assembled, making sure everything fits. The batteries have arrived so will be testing the setup of the electronics and the running of the gears. Cosmetically, all thats left to do is painting of the black surfaces. I tried glossy black but it looked to shiny, so I probably go with a satin finish. I did intend to wrap these parts in carbon effect decal paper, I don't think I can apply them neatly enough to do the car justice.

The part that has been slowing down my progress it the 'sidepod pylons', I keep snapping them really annoying. I'll add some photoshopped images of the livery soon.

Here's the latest images.

This might be of help for you mate. I am not sure if you have heard of a game called LFS (Live For Speed) well there is an add on to it that lets you draw your own car graphics. and then put them onto a few f1 style cars. The program lets you look around the car in 3d and all you need to do is edit a jpg image and save it an the program does the rest.

attached is the program, with my usual racing livery
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Thanks Jabberwocky, I had a look at the programme.

Running with a 'test' livery

First run in a supermarket carpark, I pushed the accelerator and after about 5 secs the car came to a stop :oops: The bevelled gear that transfers the power to the slip-diff had worn down!

Basically the gears weren't meshing tightly enough, so a quick fix with a bit of resin, dremelling and a new gear. I had the car running again. It's rapid :D Handles quite good :) ...for about 5mins until I crashed it :wtf: All of which I didn't catch on camera!

So the car is out of action :roll: I was running quite close to a 'trolley hut' braked, spun around and slide backwards into a small hump that stops trolleys rolling out. Driver error! :?

Apart from the crash, I'm really pleased with the car. It's quick. It doesn't have much damage, it can be fixed quite easily. I'm glad the gear fix worked, and the lipos produce more than enough power. When I get it running next time I'll try to get it on camera!
lol ye I thought I'd damage the front of the car first, with a low ride height and odd stones hitting it. Therefore I had made these just in case. Same design modified a bit because they were CNC machined.

Hey Guys

It's been a while

I've beefed up the rear gearbox, run it a few times and it's working nicely. Gears are meshing and it doesn't explode at high speed - like the previous one It just needs flushing into a streamline profile.

Still running with a plain livery, will sort this out sometime

Problem - theres been another crash it was wet - running slicks

a 9t motor in a 0.5-1 kg rear wheel drive car is stupid
It's the off season, you've got time to patch it up. Get yourself a driver pairing that isn't Maldonado and Grosjean, you'll do better. :D
It's the off season, you've got time to patch it up. Get yourself a driver pairing that isn't Maldonado and Grosjean, you'll do better. :D

Yuji Ide will no doubt be looking for something to do. I'm sure it's worth giving him a bell? You're car will be in a VERY SAFE pair of hands. :yes:

See our F1 related articles too!