FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
A few more images of the car, I've added the white primer coat and I'm still find small imperfections Taking ages to get this right.

As for the livery I really can't decide. :confused: I think maybe a retro livery like the Mansells Williams?

Yo All,

Another update, no modelling of parts just preparing the surface and adding layers of paint. I've sanded it back so many times now, but it's getting there. It must be at least close to prefect, cos I've spent so long on it.

Final layer of gloss white paint on now, and I've started to paint the black surfaces. Thanks for the suggestions all on the livery still undecided. I plan to do the graphics on computer, print onto decal paper and wrap the livery on the car. Sounds easy but I sure it's gonna be a headache.

Imagine your old models with aero paint by a fan would epic to see if u really are Forumula1's Adrian Newey
By fussell
Hi All,

The up-to-date story of this project is in another section of this forum http://www.forumula1.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11675
I am a keen model maker and thought I'd share my latest project with you all. Here are a few images, it's 1/10th car, made from modelboard, fibreglass and filler! The blue and white car is an older car I made before the front and rear wing regs changed.

Let me know your thoughts and suggestions.

I had a great time just reading through this thread and haven't seen 1 single pic! :( All I get are frozen yellow frogs....is there a way to get around this?

Used to be an rc buff when I was schooling, competed in races and had this TL-01 chassis with a Mugen NSX cover which I loved more than life. I'd love to see your work since everyone's raving about it...wonder if it's a browser problem. :irked:
By fussell
Ye vaptin, design it all. The gearboxes have been machined by a friend of mine, and the front wing was rapid prototyped after I designed it on CAD. The rest of the car is made from, modelboard, wooden dowel, sheet plastic and body filler. The engine cover is fibre glass.

Check out the complete story viewtopic.php?f=17&t=11675:)
Frozen yellow frogs? I didn't know people still did LSD.

You know what I mean. :(
Merged the two threads on this, we don't need threads all over the place about it no matter how impressive it may be :)
Merged the two threads on this, we don't need threads all over the place about it no matter how impressive it may be :)

your envy is 1/10 scale. :hehe:

So Fussell, what does the future of the car look like? Have you gotten interest from anyone? If you were to sell it what's the ballpark $?
I had a great time just reading through this thread and haven't seen 1 single pic! :( All I get are frozen yellow frogs....is there a way to get around this?

Used to be an rc buff when I was schooling, competed in races and had this TL-01 chassis with a Mugen NSX cover which I loved more than life. I'd love to see your work since everyone's raving about it...wonder if it's a browser problem. :irked:

I still have a TL-01B (Baja Champ)

See our F1 related articles too!