FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
JabberWocky I've never raced in a championship or anything. I would love to though. I've just build cars thrashed them around the street and crashed them into 'indestructible' kurbs.

Update on the car,

So the nosecone, I want to able the detach the part quickly just like F1, so I'm using 4 small rods that simply slide into the tub components. Also I've gone for aesthetics rather than copy one of the current 'ugly' F1 car nosecones. I've hollowed the modelboard piece out, reducing weight and inserted a piece of tubing/straw. This will carry the air flow from the hole at the front of the nose, through the nosecone and into the tube.

Progress Report

I've slightly reprofiled the cockpit opening, I wasn't happy with the way it looked. I am now working on some of the finer details, mirrors and sidepod pylons. The sidepod pylons are being particularly tricky to do, trying to get both sides equal is proving pretty difficult. All these small detail though hopefully will make the car look even better when finished.

so the rods will be held in place by friction some type of rubber or foam hat they'll slide into?

I love it when you talk dirty, honey.
What's Burning - yes the nose cone is just pushed in and has a tight fit.

Ok so I've cheated on this part and had the front wing prototyped, it's my own design. I think it would've taken too long to make, and I'll only crash it.

Hi All,

Thanks for the positive comments!

Ok after too much sanding and preparing the surface started painting the parts now, really bring the model to life. Any suggestions for the livery?

The B192 had one of the best colour schemes ever seen in F1.

Ahh yes, but was it nearly as good as the Minardi back in 2000? :P
The B192 had one of the best colour schemes ever seen in F1.

Ahh yes, but was it nearly as good as the Minardi back in 2000? :P

You'd certainly see the M02 in the fog! :hehe:

Minardi's best colour scheme were the M195 and M197.

See our F1 related articles too!