FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Word. I can't wait to get my hands on one when I make more money!! I'm gonna get the blue wrx and a red evo viii :twisted::twisted::twisted: have 'em both parked nose out in my driveway.

I would think both of those cars are more of a tails out type of car when you park them in your drive way, yes?

They look good either way :twisted: They both have vents/scoops in the hood and wings in the back so either way works :thumbup:
Word. I can't wait to get my hands on one when I make more money!! I'm gonna get the blue wrx and a red evo viii :twisted::twisted::twisted: have 'em both parked nose out in my driveway.

I would think both of those cars are more of a tails out type of car when you park them in your drive way, yes?

They look good either way :twisted: They both have vents/scoops in the hood and wings in the back so either way works :thumbup:

I'm a tail man. :blush:
By madbrad
Ferd C Dobbs has some good education for us on what is wrong with having a V10.

I have some good education in what is right with it :wink: I have been in many cars but that V10 in the old M5 is an all time great engine...

Yes it may be all well and good driving it, A nice M5, very powerful engine, nice ride nice handling, great acceleration etc. But the the # of pistons have a bearing on that? This is a different subject. Fred was talking mainly about the internal balace of them. Here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9069
By scotty
Ferd C Dobbs has some good education for us on what is wrong with having a V10.

I have some good education in what is right with it :wink: I have been in many cars but that V10 in the old M5 is an all time great engine...

Yes it may be all well and good driving it, A nice M5, very powerful engine, nice ride nice handling, great acceleration etc. But the the # of pistons have a bearing on that? This is a different subject. Fred was talking mainly about the internal balace of them. Here's the thread:

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=9069

That is just his opinion of such a configuration though. A moderately informed one but still an opinion, so don't be mislead by his comments. If 10's and l5's were as crap as he tried to make out you wouldn't see them on a fair range of cars. And by some of his logic V6's are abominations, which they quite clearly aren't. Engine smoothness isn't the be all and end all (which seems to be the driving force behind his comments), especially when at such a high engineering level any difference in vibration is pretty damn small, in the grand scheme of things.
How do you feel like getting rid of a great car? Especially one you've had for quite some time?

I might have a screw loose but I can't stand parting with my current car. A very modest E34 Bimmer which runs like a dream...As I'd be leaving the country soon for further studies, it'll be with my dad despite his persistent advise to sell it sell it sell it! I dream of returning later on and giving it a new lease in life. :P
Why are you considering getting rid of it?

That's what I was thinking, unless it's trashed or something, you shouldn't really get rid of an M3

If you want some advice, watch Top Gear, they seem to talk about the M3 every other week, and how every other sports saloon car is rubbish compared to it
Because as you all know, Jeremy Clarkson knows what he's talking about ... :rofl:

I'm a tail man. :blush:

And I've always loved a great chest :P
By Ichabod
thanks for all your replies and suggestions

I love the M3 but I would usually have changed my car every 5 years or so, I've had this one eight years now and the milage is getting pretty high and things are starting to cost real money

I drove from York to Edinburgh last weekend, my girlfriend asked which car I fancy having next time and well I just couldn't answer her, and its got me thinking.

I'll have about 15k to spend
By madbrad
I would want something cheap to maintain and repair.

See our F1 related articles too!