FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
I'd probably say he's the next Dan Guerney or Eddie Cheever.

was Eddie Cheever any good?

He was alright, always seemed to end up driving an unreliable piece of junk.

Gurney was amazing, one of the all time greats imo...
Jules Bianchi of course. The guys dominating F3 euroseries at the moment. He's so far won 5 out of 7 the main races. Plus his manager is Nicholas Todt. No doubt he'll be driving for ART in GP2 next year, and be knocking on F1 doors in 2011.

Esteban Gutiérrez as well since the guys still only 18. But then again, you can be thrown into things too prematurely at times. I wonder will he still be backed by BMW now as well. Therefore, one to watch.

I'm also interested to watch Sergio Perez, another Mexican. Flung straight from British F3 to Gp2 at the age of 19. He's been under the radar for most of this year, but has shown some promise over the last few weeks interestingly. So I'll be watching him next year in GP2.

Perez is a very good shout.
Im keeping an eye out for Tommy Byrne's son. He's still very young, only 9 or10 and tommy reckons he's the best driver he's ever seen.Well if he's got his dads talent but a bit more sense then he just might be. Interesting to find out.
Sam Moffat to Formula Renault :thumbup:

Not a chance! :P

Unless of course, you want to give me about £100K? :P

Hehe, but in all seriousness, I'd like to see Wayne Boyd up there, or Lewis Williamson, doing F3 and FRenault.

What about the Christo cousins?

Like I said before, you have to go with Albon. I think he's 13? He'll probably be Red Bull's first world Champion :P
Add another bloke to the list, Mitch Evans.

The kid has only just turned 15. When he was 13 he won The Manfield Winter Series 2008 (NZ Winter Formula Ford)

He came 2nd in the National NZ Formula Ford across 2008/2009 when he was just 14.

Then came 2nd in the 2009 Australian Formula Ford Series aged 14 too.

Then at the end of this year he started competing in the Australia F3 championship (he only did the last round) but he won the final race. The kid is gunna do some big things I can tell you that. This NZ kid will put NZ Motorsport on the map
:eek:

I just did some research on this kid. Wow!

The Oz is right - he is going to be fantastic. :thumbup:

Here is some info about him:

Born: New Zealand

Lives: New Zealand

Hobbies: Fitness training, Spending time with friends and family

Motor Racing Hero: Lewis Hamilton. Beacuse he's just the man, and he followed his dream and was successful

2009 Race Car: Mygale SJ07A

Colour: Silver and Black

Team Manager: Michael Ritter

Sponsors: Banklink, Giltrap Group, Sonic

New Zealand whiz-kid Mitchell Evans started his motorsport career at just 6 years old, picking up wins in the Formula Ford Winter Series (NZ), TRS Lite Series and finishing runner-up in the 2008/09 NZ National Formula Ford Championship. Mitch is the youngest person to win a Formula Ford race and Championship round in New Zealand at just 13.

Interesting that they put his email address there. Perhaps they do that so that sponsors can easily contact him?

It's also interesting that last season the Kiwi's had a 12 year-old in the Formula Ford championship. :thumbup:
the kids got a bucket load of sposnors too. I think he will be in the Australian F3 next year (looking at the list he'll probs win it). Then it may be off to Europe. Algy's youngest driver record may be under threat
:eek:

I just did some research on this kid. Wow!

The Oz is right - he is going to be fantastic. :thumbup:

Here is some info about him:

He is younger than me by a few months. Now I feel even older. (Except he would be 15 if he was born in June 1994...?)
He did 46 races last year! His sponsors must be praying he makes it after spending that amount on him

well 46 races sounds normal. There would be 23 Aus FF races. Plus the 2 Aus F3 races. Plus the 2008/2009 NZ which all the 2008 races of that are counted towards 2009. So thats about

23 Aus FF Races
2 Aus F3 Races
21 NZ FF Races in the last year AND ABIT

I wasn't to sure whether he'd pusre open wheelers and try get into v8 supercars, but doing 2 F3 races last year (winning one) basically confirmed he wants to make it to f1

See our F1 related articles too!