FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

My name is Fernanus Alonsio, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Tifosi, loyal servant to the true emperor, Bernie Ecclestone. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will win a race, in this season or the next.
My name is Fernanus Alonsio, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Tifosi, loyal servant to the true emperor, Bernie Ecclestone. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will win a race, in this season or the next.

+1 for epic gladiator quote
I think FA can be a huge jerk sometimes, but man can the guy drive. I have been truly amazed this year at what he has accomplished with a terrible car.
I think FA can be a huge jerk sometimes, but man can the guy drive. I have been truly amazed this year at what he has accomplished with a terrible car.

Of course, he's had a bit of experience with crap cars, what with his debut year with Minardi in 2001, and the difficult couple of years with Renault from 2008 to 2009. :yes:
I'm going to bowl a googly here and say that Fernando Alonso will win the World Title this year.

This is the first time racing with Ferrari that he has been leading the world championship so early in the season... And it sounds like he has the right approach to his racing. In the post-race interview he was purely focussed on keeping Seb behind him...

Consistency is what will win the title this year... But we will need to see another win I think because he could have Rosberg hot on his heals...

It is still very unpredictable though... Although I want to throw a spanner in the works with another thread...
I'm going to bowl a googly here and say that Fernando Alonso will win the World Title this year.

I won't let you forget this statement. :wink:

Mind you, it may yet prove to be a shrewd prediction, the guy is incredible in race-trim. :yes:

Mind you, it may yet prove to be a shrewd prediction, the guy is incredible in race-trim. :yes:

I can't believe I'm saying this but if Lewis doesn't win, Alonso would be my second choice for the WDC. Not a Ferrari fan but I like to watch what Alonso does with a bad car. Ideally, I'd love to see the last race come down to Lewis vs Alonso for the championship. I love those kinds of duels for all the marbles. :)

I'm just saying...

I can't believe I'm saying this but if Lewis doesn't win, Alonso would be my second choice for the WDC. Not a Ferrari fan but I like to watch what Alonso does with a bad car. Ideally, I'd love to see the last race come down to Lewis vs Alonso for the championship. I love those kinds of duels for all the marbles. :)

I'm just saying...

No thanks...I'd rather Fingerboy Vettel winning his 3rd WDC instead of Alonso. :hehe:
If I can cast your minds back to the 2010 British Grand Prix, after finish 14th Alonso stated "I am more convinced than ever that I will win the World Championship this year." When he was 47 points behind Hamilton. He then proceded to dominate the second half of the season, bar the last couple of races where Vettel triumphed.

That will go do down in history and the stuff we can tell our grandkids about. Now, for a change, Alonso is leading the championship at the outset. He will be more than happy to keep getting podiums and could even win the championship without further adding to his race victory tally - a la Hawthorn 1958 style.

However, the 2010 season also gives me confidence that Vettel can still turn around a season to win the title as well. So I am still hoping for Vettel to win, but it would be nice to see how Alonso goes this year...

See our F1 related articles too!