FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
I like Kimi. Love his irrevelence (is that the word?...I know its not what I mean :confused: ) his ambivalence to protocol. But at the moment I think grosjean is quicker...less experienced nmore prone to mistakes, but quicker.
By LewEngBridewell
I like Kimi. Love his irrevelence (is that the word?...I know its not what I mean :confused: ) his ambivalence to protocol. But at the moment I think grosjean is quicker...less experienced nmore prone to mistakes, but quicker.

I don't recall seeing them both in direct combat much this year so far. That would be interesting...
By scotty
Kimi Raikkonen believes he has now found what was 'missing' to enable him to get the most out of the Lotus and can translate that into a stronger second half of the 2012 Formula 1 season.

Although Raikkonen has enjoyed an impressive comeback campaign so far and goes into this weekend's Hungarian Grand Prix fourth in the world championship, having claimed four podium finishes, the 2007 title-winner says he has only recently become comfortable with the Lotus E20.

"I guess you always learn with the car and try to set it up as you like it," said Raikkonen.

"At the last few races we've been finding our way. We weren't so happy at the beginning of the year - or we were happy but I felt that there was something that was missing, and then we found some reasons why we probably weren't so happy.

"In the last races we've found pretty much what I have been looking for. So hopefully it means we've finally found the area where we can improve."

Asked if the improvements related to how the car used the Pirelli tyres, Raikkonen replied: "No, it's more making me able to drive more like I want."

Raikkonen was second quickest in Friday practice at the Hungaroring, but remained cautious about his chances over the rest of the weekend.

"We don't know if we're going to be fast tomorrow because of today because we have no idea what the others are doing, but so far it's not too bad," he said.

Steering rack finally sorted? I hope this means the speed is back... :pray:
By scotty
Repeat of '05 would do nicely - wins at Hungary and Spa :P Not banking on challenging for the win here though.
By scotty
Great drive today, excellent laps at the end of the second stint. Shame about KERS problems which obviously cost a lot in the end given the loss at the start, but to still be the fastest guy today in spite of that really is good.
By yamashek
Cccccmon Kimi, Lotus you've got to try harder!! I was rooting for you! Spa can't come quickly enough, The King of Spa its your time to shine!!!

Get the Kers unit fixed!
By What's Burning?
Just short, it's been the story of the season, it's helped them out well in the WCC that both drivers scored solid points but frankly there was never a point today where he stood a chance of winning on his own merits, Lotus is fast and they're coming but today the McLaren was always ahead and held on to the tires better. Lucky for Lotus that McLaren only have one Lewis Hamilton racing for them and not two as once again today Button frustratingly struggled.

The WCC this year may turn out to be more exciting than the WDC.
By scotty
Silly season stuff:

Kimi Raikkonen says he would not close the door completely on a return to Ferrari, amid rumours linking him to the second seat alongside Fernando Alonso in 2013.

Raikkonen drove for Ferrari from 2007 to '09, winning the world championship in his first season with the Italian team. He has returned to Formula 1 with Lotus this year after a two-season sojourn in the World Rally Championship, and is currently fifth in the points with five podium finishes to his name.

Ferrari is considering potential replacements for Felipe Massa next season, and it emerged in Hungary that Raikkonen's impressive form in 2012 had made him a dark horse contender for a drive.

The major stumbling block would be a difficult relationship between Raikkonen and Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo.

Asked if he would consider a Ferrari return, Raikkonen replied: "I always said that I have no bad feelings and I had a good time with the team. I won one championship there."

But while not ruling out a potential Ferrari future, Raikkonen emphasised that he was very content with life at Lotus.

"You never know what happens in the future," he said. "I am happy where I am right now. Things going pretty nicely.

"You never know what happens in the future and I am happy where I am."

I hope not personally after how he was unceremoniously sacked despite winning the title for em, and the fact that it's just Alonso's team now.
By LewEngBridewell
Just short, it's been the story of the season, it's helped them out well in the WCC that both drivers scored solid points but frankly there was never a point today where he stood a chance of winning on his own merits, Lotus is fast and they're coming but today the McLaren was always ahead and held on to the tires better. Lucky for Lotus that McLaren only have one Lewis Hamilton racing for them and not two as once again today Button frustratingly struggled.

The WCC this year may turn out to be more exciting than the WDC.

:yes:

Yep, McLaren and Lewis Hamilton had Kimi covered today, but this does not mean they can rest on their laurels. Lotus are still bloody quick, and it's only a matter of time before either Kimi or Romain gets a victory.

Great drive from Kimi today, I loved the spat with Grosjean on the exit of the pits. :cloud9:
By Hammer278
Kimi's gearing up for his favourite track in a months time.... another Lewis VS Kimi battle at the King of tracks would do nicely. And they're both magic, so it's going to be a hell of a show.

Great to see Kimi hustling like mad, and I must say his interviews have improved tremendously...spoke a lot more than I expected on the podium.
By LewEngBridewell
The BBC highlights omitted the podium. Who gave the interview this time?
By Hammer278
The BBC highlights omitted the podium. Who gave the interview this time?

Some Spanish dude who talked too much and urged the drivers to join him in wishing Alonso a happy birthday, though the 3 guys just walked off. Who gives a sh*t if it's his bday or not, today belonged to them end off.
By stonemonkey
Old pic but how much vodka's gonna be needed to use up this ice?

See our F1 related articles too!