Who will perform the best during 2012?

Jenson Button
36%
Lewis Hamilton
47%
It's impossible to predict!
17%
By racechick
But when asked where the tweets had gone he said "have they". So who knows. Who knows what goes on at Mclaren. Yes he had a godawful weekend.
He may get some good drives in the remaining races but there have been too many 'bad things' already, too many points lost. I think its too late to recover. Yet another championship down the drain. We'll just have to enjoy the rest of his season for the great racing he does..when he has the rightwing.....and strategy....and is not taken out...and his pistops work...and he's refuelled properly. :irked:
By f1ea
The telemetry pic is on F1-live. Oh boy.... What on earth was Lew trying to achieve by tweeting it????
By vaptin
The wing was offered to both drivers and Maclrean have made a big show if data sharing so Jenson just made the better decision I guess, and Lewis reacted badly again and posted confidential data on twitter.

I'd say Jenson often struggles but does fantastically when he gets it right, whereas Lewis usually performs great but occasionally messes up badly. I'm not saying the first lap incident was his fault in Spa.

In summary they both shoud learn from Alonso :P
By f1ea
The wing was offered to both drivers and Maclrean have made a big show if data sharing so Jenson just made the better decision I guess, and Lewis reacted badly again and posted confidential data on twitter.

I'd say Jenson often struggles but does fantastically when he gets it right, whereas Lewis usually performs great but occasionally messes up badly. I'm not saying the first lap incident was his fault in Spa.

In summary they both shoud learn from Alonso :P

Lewis was learning from him.... But decided to voice his opinions on public media (monaco 07 remember?) with Partial info. very similar story, except Alonso doesnt take it as Jenson.... That guy is so calm it hurts (maybe also withou Ron its different). But yea, now he goes public with sensitive information again when he feels things didnt go his way. Pretty bad. Maybe his trying to et public opinion an fans to side with him, but bosses wouldnt like someone who goes public about issue rather than discuss it within the team.

As for Lewis crashing... Well its been said many times: had lewis strted his career in a midfield team, he would have found many maldonadoes to crash with. The fans always sy people were jealous about his success, but all the crashes since the Mclaren was not clearly ahead show this.
BUT the fans always say people are just bashing Lewis.... When it is his fans usually the most vocal and quick to bash everyone who crases with him.... Massa, webber, maldonado, gorsjean.... And the list will continue to grow. It takes 2 to tango you know.

Instead... The current "not as good" driver champion (ie Vettel) shuts mouths with sokid performances, and clear maturity; which continues to elude the hero. Also, thsr poeple usually content with dumb excuses to downgrade those who beat either Mclaren or Lewis (for spme Lewis IS Mclaren, so go figure).

I'd say Lewis not only has to learn from Alonso, but also Vettel. ;)

Boom.
By racechick
Yes the wing was offered to both. They had no track time and Lewis liked the feel of the old one. He was told there would be little difference between them and the old one marginally faster.........Mclaren based this decision on a few damp laps sat morning apparantly disregarding information they ususlly prize so highly from their their state-of-the-art simulator and CFD ( which one presumes had been positive). ON THAT FALSE INFORMATION FROM MCLAREN, Lewis made his choice. The 'marginally faster' was in fact over a second slower.
And then Mclaren split the strategies and put Lewis on high downforce. Id have thought the better driver able to cope with low downforce was lewis, but no, they put Lewis on high.I think they did the same thing in Monza 2010 with the same resultant catastrophe. Hey why not go the whole hog and do it again this year at Monza. I wait with baited breath :banghead:
By f1ea
No remember the cucumber moaning, and various other blaming and moaning from Vettel?

That cucumber comment was certainly very important sensiive team information. Also moaning, and the looney gesture to webber. He should have posted it on tweeter or fbook. Nothing is offiial until it's on facebook.
By f1ea
Yes the wing was offered to both. They had no track time and Lewis liked the feel of the old one. He was told there would be little difference between them and the old one marginally faster.........Mclaren based this decision on a few damp laps sat morning apparantly disregarding information they ususlly prize so highly from their their state-of-the-art simulator and CFD ( which one presumes had been positive). ON THAT FALSE INFORMATION FROM MCLAREN, Lewis made his choice. The 'marginally faster' was in fact over a second slower.
And then Mclaren split the strategies and put Lewis on high downforce. Id have thought the better driver able to cope with low downforce was lewis, but no, they put Lewis on high.I think they did the same thing in Monza 2010 with the same resultant catastrophe. Hey why not go the whole hog and do it again this year at Monza. I wait with baited breath :banghead:

Personally, i'd guess marginally faster could mean over a race simulation distance, ie maybe less degrading tires? But when Mclaren's engineers say its marginal (if they did say it), i'd expect there to be a reason. Specially considering lewis and jenson drive differently, so marginal for Lewis doesnt necessarilly translates to marginal for jenson. Or why do you think jenson was waaaay behind lewis before?

But... I will wait for Lewis to post Mclaren's race simulation with the head to head comparison.then i'd be able to fully know what they meant.

In fact, im sure Lewis gained quite a few new followers......
"@patfry and @christianhorner are following you"
Last edited by f1ea on 03 Sep 12, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Bottom line: in any other industry, LH would have his arse fired by revealing trade secrets, period. :whip::twisted::hehe:
By vaptin

He was on conventional low downforce in Monza 2010 it was Jenson on the high downforce using the F-duct to compensate for straight line speed.
-----

Mclaren didn't intentionally give him false information, they would surely have given him the same as Jenson. Vettel on the higher downforce set up did poorly in qualifying but was able to make a one-stop strategy work and pass his teammate in the race.

On the brighter side they clearly have a very good car.
Bottom line: in any other industry, LH would have his arse fired by revealing trade secrets, period. :whip::twisted::hehe:

Not in Hollywood. The industry pays prima donas extra. Just like F1.
@f1ea. Your post was laughable, so here's a few jokes of my own.

A few things Lewis could learn from Vettel.

1) How to fly off in a tizzy when you lose a race.
2) How to make catty comments when he doesn't get pole.
3) How to blame back marker drivers when things aren't going his way.

If Alonso would have been a better driver coming through the ranks, maybe he wouldn't have languished in mid field team before being picked up by a top team.
WB is right. Seb has had some mighty sulks and episodes this year. Some have bordered on ridiculous. Throwing the toys out of the pram in both Sepang and Hockenheim didn't put him in a good light at all. :nono:
By racechick
But when Mclaren's engineers say its marginal (if they did say it), i'd expect there to be a reason.

"I was told the difference in wings was not so great, so it is definitely a surprise. I was told that in qualifying my wing would be quicker but for some reason it wasn't."
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/102137

Course it could just be that Jenson's a better qualifier than Lewis.

See our F1 related articles too!