36%
Lewis Hamilton
47%
It's impossible to predict!
17%
By racechick
Thanks Dent :thumbup:
By myownalias
Yes he chose. After being told the difference was marginal. His tweeted telemetry shows that the new wing is worth over a second a lap. Do you mean to tell me the team didnt know that?? With all their high tech simulators that they rate so highly they didnt know it was worth a second a lap???? What do they do then? I've got a copy of that telemetry on my computer but dont know how to get it onto here. If any one knows how I'll print it because I think its now been pulled from the instagram site.

Simulators mean very little in the real world, it can give you an idea but often the on track results are very different, I would assume that McLaren made an educated guess based upon no running because of rain, McLaren are not attempting to disadvantage Hamilton, why would they damage their chances of claiming a constructors title and losing millions of pounds?
By racechick
Yes he chose. After being told the difference was marginal. His tweeted telemetry shows that the new wing is worth over a second a lap. Do you mean to tell me the team didnt know that?? With all their high tech simulators that they rate so highly they didnt know it was worth a second a lap???? What do they do then? I've got a copy of that telemetry on my computer but dont know how to get it onto here. If any one knows how I'll print it because I think its now been pulled from the instagram site.

Simulators mean very little in the real world, it can give you an idea but often the on track results are very different, I would assume that McLaren made an educated guess based upon no running because of rain, McLaren are not attempting to disadvantage Hamilton, why would they damage their chances of claiming a constructors title and losing millions of pounds?

Id agree with you about simulators, but thats not how Mclaren see it. They'd rather let the test drivers and the simulator sort the car out than put the race drivers on the track. So they must have an awful lot of faith in it!! ONE SECOND A LAP! and they didnt know?? Why would they want to disadvantage lewis?-beats me.
By myownalias

Id agree with you about simulators, but thats not how Mclaren see it. They'd rather let the test drivers and the simulator sort the car out than put the race drivers on the track. So they must have an awful lot of faith in it!! ONE SECOND A LAP! and they didnt know?? Why would they want to disadvantage lewis?-beats me.

I doubt it was just a different rear wing that caused that huge gap; wasn't Lewis running a higher downforce setup as well?
By racechick
Yes he was-Whitmarsh wanted to split the strategies because theyd had so little set-up time. Strange to put lewis on the high downforce though when he prefers and copes better than Button with a twitchy car.

I hate all this!!!!

Apparantly, according to this article, lewis didnt delete his tweets yesterday, someone else did-are they allowed to do that? I dont mean the telemetry tweet but yesrdays.
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157
By myownalias
Apparantly, according to this article, lewis didnt delete his tweets yesterday, someone else did-are they allowed to do that? I dont mean the telemetry tweet but yesrdays.
http://www.f1sa.com/index.php?option=co ... Itemid=157

I guess it depends on whether it's LH's personal account or an official McLaren account... if it's LH's personal account, he needs to change his password, I doubt Twitter would delete it!
By racechick
Im sure its lewis' account.
By Hammer278

Why couldn't Lewis himself have deleted it, after being told by Mclaren to do so.

Whitmarsh: "Hide the truth Lewis, we need people to think Jenson deserves to drive our cars once in a while!"
By f1ea
Twittergate hahaha
Why would Lewis post confidential Mclaren info?? That's defintely not smart.

Good joke from Wurz though
So is Lewis gonna bounce back at Monza? I wonder how the McLaren will perform at the circuit?
By racechick

Why couldn't Lewis himself have deleted it, after being told by Mclaren to do so.

Whitmarsh: "Hide the truth Lewis, we need people to think Jenson deserves to drive our cars once in a while!"

:hehe:
By Revvenge
From the telemetry Hamilton was angry he lost between 5 and 6 tenths on the main two straights. That, to me, means he had a high downforce car. It might be that a different spec rear wing had something to do with it, but I doubt that accounts for the full amount of the gap. I think Hamilton had a set-up that didn't work as well for him, while Button found the sweet spot (he was rather dominant in the race, one of the most dominant performances by any driver this season) and Hamilton believed his wing was worse (which is an important factor as well, believing your car is inferior).

Anyway, according to Whitmarsh Lewis has been in charge of his twitter the entire time and they only asked him to remove the telemetry one, meaning he basically says Hamilton deleted every deleted tweet himself and deleted all but one by his own judgment. While it's quite possible they were lying about the whole thing, I personally think he's right about the fact McLaren didn't meddle, apart from the one where secret data was shared.
Yes, I believe McLaren only asked him to remove the telemetry tweet. The tweets he made after qualifying seemed quite angry, and they got a lot of reaction from fans following him, who interpreted them in varying ways. I saw for myself that Lewis had to tweet further to tell people to chill out, and to clarify what he meant (I'm sure a copy of it has been posted somewhere around here, possibly earlier in this thread). I presume Hamilton therefore removed those prior tweets with a sigh of tedium and a roll of the eyes.

Christ, he really has had a sh!tter of a weekend...

See our F1 related articles too!