FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Something more appropriate so we can get this thread BACK on its rails and talk about why people driving cars that cost more than most folk's homes don't have a clue how to drive them?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
I think it's a combination of the social status of owning a supercar and the Japanese version of "machismo." It's a similar phenomenon we see in aviation with busy and overpaid professionals -- like medical doctors and lawyers -- who buy too much airplane. The Bonanza V-35 has long been called the "forked-tail doctor killer" for that very reason. They've money enough to purchase it, lack the free time to learn to use it properly, yet their overabundance of self confidence tells them it's okay to give it more wellie.

The Bonanza V-35

The name of this jpeg at Wikipedia is "Fork Tailed Doctor Killer"

If you want to talk tragedy, a mate of mine works for a beer distributor in America's Music City, Nashville, Tennessee. Last spring their warehouses were flooded and nearly 500,000 cases of beer were submerged in the floodwaters. Even though they remained sealed, they had to be considered contaminated ...and destroyed. About 10,000,000 bottles of beer.

Allah be praised, it was only American beer.
I think it's a combination of the social status of owning a supercar and the Japanese version of "machismo." It's a similar phenomenon we see in aviation with busy and overpaid professionals -- like medical doctors and lawyers -- who buy too much airplane. The Bonanza V-35 has long been called the "forked-tail doctor killer" for that very reason. They've money enough to purchase it, lack the free time to learn to use it properly, yet their overabundance of self confidence tells them it's okay to give it more wellie.

The Bonanza V-35

The name of this jpeg at Wikipedia is "Fork Tailed Doctor Killer"

If you want to talk tragedy, a mate of mine works for a beer distributor in America's Music City, Nashville, Tennessee. Last spring their warehouses were flooded and nearly 500,000 cases of beer were submerged in the floodwaters. Even though they remained sealed, they had to be considered contaminated ...and destroyed. About 10,000,000 bottles of beer.

Allah be praised, it was only American beer.

I take offense to that, there are some mighty fine American brews!!! Just have to look a wee bit harder, that's all.

About the plane... those butterfly tails just never looked right to me, simply from a visual standpoint.
...I take offense to that, there are some mighty fine American brews!!! Just have to look a wee bit harder, that's all....

Did I mention this was a Budweiser distributorship?

That flood killed 37 people.

A tragedy by any definition.
...I take offense to that, there are some mighty fine American brews!!! Just have to look a wee bit harder, that's all....

Yeah, damned Belgians and Brazilians!

Yeah, damned Belgians and Brazilians!

Yeah, what a shame they all made of the original Budweiser Budvar :irked:

See our F1 related articles too!