FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By spankyham
Remember when Ferrari complained about McLarens brake steer system?

I think every team has the right to complain when they think another team is doing something outside the rules. I posted this last one about Red Bull complaining to the FiA about other teams because they and some of their followers have carried on like pork chops when the shoe was on the other foot. Just pointing out the apparent hypocrisy.
By darwin dali
Remember when Ferrari complained about McLarens brake steer system?

I think every team has the right to complain when they think another team is doing something outside the rules. I posted this last one about Red Bull complaining to the FiA about other teams because they and some of their followers have carried on like pork chops when the shoe was on the other foot. Just pointing out the apparent hypocrisy.

But on the other hand, you might as well cut RB some slack as it's usually the other teams complaining about them. So, don't get all huffy and puffy when they turn the table for once :D
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner is taking nothing for granted in the drivers' championship after Sebastian Vettel avoided a potential crisis by salvaging a podium in Abu Dhabi.

Vettel was forced to start from the back of the grid or the pit lane on Sunday after an error in qualifying left Red Bull without enough fuel for an FIA sample. Despite the handicap he came back through the field to finish third, just one place behind championship rival Feranando Alonso, and limit the damage to his title lead to just three points.

"We know how consistent Fernando has been this year and it was entirely predictable that he would be on the podium from sixth on the grid," Horner said. "So I already had a mental image of him taking 15 or 25 points out of us today, and to limit that damage to only three and finish behind him is a remarkable recovery and a great drive by Sebastian. He showed that he is world class today to anybody that doubted him as a racer.

"The constructors' [championship] is looking great and hopefully we can score five points over the next two races [to win it]. With the drivers' [championship], as we've seen this weekend, when you're on the edge things can go wrong. We can't take anything for granted and we need to go to Austin and attack the weekend. It's a new track for everybody and we've got to go there and get a good result."

Asked to explain how Vettel was sent out in the final session of qualifying without enough fuel, Horner said it appeared as though something had left engine-supplier Renault Sport's calculations short.

"To be honest, it's a difficult one," he said. "Renault is certain enough fuel went into the car, but we couldn't drain it to get it out. I think maybe the margin that was left was that bit too fine. I think the car that finished the race probably had an awful lot of fuel in it.

"The [fuel] calculations are made dating back to pre-season and the engine guys are keeping a close eye on how that is developing. Basically the process is that our race engineer will inform the engine engineer how many laps he is going to do, so in Q3 it was two runs of one lap and in the race it was 55.

"The engine engineer will then work out the fuel required and that will be put into the car. It's not something we get involved in as a team as we rely on Renault to provide and look after that. Unfortunately, this glitch has happened. It's one of those things and I'm sure they've learnt from it and we've had a good recovery today."

Horner said the only man that still believed a podium was possible in Red Bull's Saturday night briefing was Vettel.

"He's incredibly strong mentally. Before the race I went to see him in his room to wish him good luck and he was in there playing a drum kit with his trainer and he said 'I'll see you on the podium'. He was the one guy in the briefing room on Saturday night, when the rest of us were ready to slit our wrists, who was saying it's not an issue. It's that mental strength that he has that is one of his biggest assets."

Fuel - Renault - Red Bull, dunno, dunno: maybe time to change the procedure?
By What's Burning?
Infiniti to become Red Bull Racing title sponsor 25 Nov 2012
Red Bull Racing have agreed a four-year extension of their partnership with Infiniti, the premium automotive brand from Japan, which first began in March 2011. The increased agreement will see Infiniti become title partner from 2013, meaning Red Bull Racing’s team name will become Infiniti Red Bull Racing from the start of next season.

As part of the expanded partnership, Infiniti’s involvement with the team will evolve from being purely commercial to a relationship that is more technologically focused, as the two companies will join together on a number of engineering and development projects.

Johan de Nysschen, President of Infiniti said: “While our first 24-months have been very beneficial to both parties, our new increased relationship will bring increased advantages to Infiniti and Red Bull Racing. As title sponsor, Infiniti Red Bull Racing will help us garner even more worldwide exposure for our brand, products and technology.”
By darwin dali
ESPNF1: McLaren weaker without Hamilton - Horner

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner believes McLaren will be a weaker team without Lewis Hamilton next year.

Hamilton joins Mercedes for 2013, leaving McLaren to field a line-up of Jenson Button and Sergio Perez. With Red Bull having just completed a third consecutive championship double, Horner said that one of its main opponents this year would be a weaker proposition next season without Hamilton as part of McLaren's team.

"I think McLaren is a weaker team without Lewis," Horner said. "I think McLaren would admit that. I think Lewis is an outstanding driver and in Lewis and Jenson they had a hugely strong driver line-up. So whichever team had taken Lewis - whether he stayed at McLaren or now he's moved to Mercedes - he will be an asset to that team.

"I'm sure he will naturally add performance to Mercedes next year. So we'll see next year, but McLaren have had a great car this year and who's to say they won't have an even better one next year?"

While thinking McLaren will be hurt by Hamilton's departure, Horner said Red Bull will have to improve in order to be able to challenge for championships again next season.

"We will apply the lessons that we've learnt this year. We can always improve as a team; we've improved each of the last three years and the lessons we've learnt this year we will look to apply next year. We are up against some formidable opponents, they won't be sleeping over the winter and we will have to improve further the car, further the team, to maintain the kind of performances we've achieved not just this year but the last three years."

Psychological warfare has already begun - that's almost as early as stores decorate for Winter Solstice :yikes:
By What's Burning?
Sometimes the truth is the best psychological weapon.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
Sebastian Vettel says that working with Adrian Newey "is an incredible experience" and that "he gives me confidence".

Both Vettel and Newey have been courted by Ferrari, with the latter seen as the driving force behind Vettel's three consecutive drivers' championships. Vettel said that Newey's role at Red Bull is so crucial that he actually takes confidence from having him in the team.

"You need to feel happy in the team you're in and it is essential to have a competitive car," Vettel is quoted by Sporting Life. "Right now I have them both. This is where Adrian is so brilliant. He gives me confidence and he designs world-beating cars. It is an incredible experience to work with him. I think we can do even better."

Newey himself added that he has no desire to leave Red Bull and hinted that he will end his Formula One career with the team.

"Red Bull is a great team to work for," Newey said. "I've always maintained I do not want to spend my entire career in motor racing and certainly not F1 - but right now I am enjoying it. And as long as that is the case and people offer me work, then I'll keep doing it.

"At this team we keep egos and politics to a minimum and try to keep an atmosphere where there's no finger-pointing. We encourage creativity. And our results and titles show how all that has paid off."
By Hammer278
ESPNF1:
Sebastian Vettel says that working with Adrian Newey "is an incredible experience" and that "he gives me confidence".

Both Vettel and Newey have been courted by Ferrari, with the latter seen as the driving force behind Vettel's three consecutive drivers' championships. Vettel said that Newey's role at Red Bull is so crucial that he actually takes confidence from having him in the team.

"You need to feel happy in the team you're in and it is essential to have a competitive car," Vettel is quoted by Sporting Life. "Right now I have them both. This is where Adrian is so brilliant. He gives me confidence and he designs world-beating cars. It is an incredible experience to work with him. I think we can do even better."

Newey himself added that he has no desire to leave Red Bull and hinted that he will end his Formula One career with the team.

"Red Bull is a great team to work for," Newey said. "I've always maintained I do not want to spend my entire career in motor racing and certainly not F1 - but right now I am enjoying it. And as long as that is the case and people offer me work, then I'll keep doing it.

"At this team we keep egos and politics to a minimum and try to keep an atmosphere where there's no finger-pointing. We encourage creativity. And our results and titles show how all that has paid off."

As opposed to...WHERE ADRIAN? :scratchchin:
By vlad
LOL, kick in the balls to everyone who hoped Newey will go to some other team. :rofl:
By darwin dali
LOL, kick in the balls to everyone who hoped Newey will go to some other team. :rofl:

Balls?
Image:yikes:
By Hammer278
I dont think Sauber could afford him anyway?

Thought Ferrari were the only interested party in wrestling him out of RB.
By vlad
DD, it doesn't always have to be in "that" way. :hehe:
By darwin dali
DD, it doesn't always have to be in "that" way. :hehe:

Ooh, you're such a kinky man! :D

See our F1 related articles too!