FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By racechick
Yeah come on niki, get your finger out and poach him for Mercedes! Adrian that is not Seb. Earn your keep!

I very much doubt he'd waste his time with a loser team that won't be around by 2014.

What you think Red bull might throw the towel in as early as 2014? Well that's an interesting theory. In that case .......GED IN THERE LAUDA!!!!!

Red Bull aren't a loser team.

But you just said they were.
By andrew
Yeah come on niki, get your finger out and poach him for Mercedes! Adrian that is not Seb. Earn your keep!

I very much doubt he'd waste his time with a loser team that won't be around by 2014.

What you think Red bull might throw the towel in as early as 2014? Well that's an interesting theory. In that case .......GED IN THERE LAUDA!!!!!

Did I? Where?

You were wish Niki Lauda to poach Adrian Newey and I said I douobt he'd waste his time with a loser team. So where am I calling red Bull a loser team?
By racechick

Did I? Where?

You were wish Niki Lauda to poach Adrian Newey and I said I douobt he'd waste his time with a loser team. So where am I calling red Bull a loser team?

Oh I see!! You were calling Mercedes a loser team :rofl::rofl: i thought you meant Red Bull. You see Mercedes have a huge illustrious motor racing history , whereas Red Bull have only been Around for the blink of an eye.
By andrew
Merc. do have an illustrious history but they've only won 1 race in three years despite wanting to aim for the championship.

Red Bull have been around since 1997 if you trace the blood line right back to the start. That's long enough. :)
By LewEngBridewell
You can trace it right back to Jackie's sexy tartan trousers. :cloud9:
By racechick
You can trace it right back to Jackie's sexy tartan trousers. :cloud9:

Indeed you can. But Mercedes goes somewhat further back. Benz competed in the worlds first ever motor race from Paris to Rouen in 1894. And Mercedes made their first purpose built racing car in 1902. Mercedes Benz went on to dominate Grand Prix racing in the 30's
By myownalias
True, but I've yet to hear one bad thing about mine. I think it must be about the only bank that hasn't been getting a bashing of late!

clearly it must be the bank of mum and dad; every other financial institution in corrupt to a certain extent! :hehe:
By andrew
True, but I've yet to hear one bad thing about mine. I think it must be about the only bank that hasn't been getting a bashing of late!

clearly it must be the bank of mum and dad; every other financial institution in corrupt to a certain extent! :hehe:

Nah, it's nothing like that and I honestly don't understand how some people can live like that. I guess some spoilt brats don't have a conscience!
By What's Burning?
Merc. do have an illustrious history but they've only won 1 race in three years despite wanting to aim for the championship.

Red Bull have been around since 1997 if you trace the blood line right back to the start. That's long enough. :)

If tracing blood lines is what you have to do in order to justify affiliation, that's an understandable stretch. Mercedes practically invented the car, that's got to be long enough as well.

Mercedes were in F1 back in the 50's you know, a bunch of race wins and a couple of WDCs... Mercedes Benz F1 that's not bad for a team that's been in F1 just shy of 5 season.

It's actually it's a better record statistically than Red Bull. :wink:
By andrew
No, I don't need to trace blood lines to form any sort of affiliation. History of a team is pretty much irrelevant. It's the here and now that counts and the current incarnation Merc GP, so far, has been a disaster.
By darwin dali
ESPNF1:
"Mark is a strong competitor, he's a big team player and I am quite convinced he will want to see the team achieve its best possible results," Horner said. "I'm sure - as a team player - if required he would do everything to support that team. Mathematically now it's very difficult for him to win the championship, he's a smart guy, he's an important part of the team and I've got every confidence that he will be doing his best to help the team achieve its objectives for the championship."

Horner also confirmed that he hadn't felt the need to speak to Webber about the situation, and said for now the focus was on securing the constructors' championship.

"I think you can talk about so many scenarios and then the scenario that you haven't talked about is the one that comes up. Mark is a bright guy, he's been around a long time, he's a key member of the team and I think that he'll be doing his best. His primary objective is to ensure that we achieve the constructors' championship and also for us that we've got both drivers ahead of Fernando [Alonso].

"He was desperately unlucky last week not to keep Fernando behind having to run with reduced power in the KERS for most of the race. So he'll be driving his best to ensure that we have got two Red Bulls right up the front end."

[youtube]m_fJ7hZftPs[/youtube]
By spankyham
So Red Bull has gone to the FiA complaining about other teams cars - I wonder how they'll spin this one. When it's done at Red Bull its innovation, anywhere else its cheating.

Teams told trick brake systems illegal.

See our F1 related articles too!