FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

It's a Red Bull support thread! And if they had fans they'd be upset you guys are discussing Alonso and Hamilton here. Please, back on topic.
Kyvat is truly a star, he would be doing better than Seb in the RBR rite now no argument. New track, even after 100 laps Seb has yet to get to grips with it. After 15 races yet to get to grips with the 2014 car. Hed better hurry up and collect that 100 mill check before Sergio comes to watch a race
There are NO excuses or any argument to be made that Seb is anything more than HALF the grid given the right car

And even ricc is starting to suggest that his amazing performance this season is a lot to do with one A Newey, I am ready to put money on Kyvat next season whislt the bookies are still counting their profits from the Seb fans
Didn't even convince him too stay and straight away announced Kvyat in a blink of an eye.

I'm still seeing Helmut Marko on Seb's side of the garage, which he always is anyway but it surprises me considering Seb is leaving and is the slower driver.
Interesting that the most lauded attributes Seb was said to have are exactly the things he is struggling with the most.

How many times were we told at the end of last season that this season would be to Sebs advantage, even webber was convinced. He would invent a new way no one else could touch, he would master the strategies and setups and all the 2014 changes. He would have no problem with the xtra oversteer because he makes so little mistakes and because Bourdais said he loved oversteer (ROFL). He was supposed to setup his car perfectly because of his technical genius.

Yet we hear him actually say the reason he missed Q3 was because he didnt have enough rear downforce - after 15 races, unable to setup round rear downforce, or to drive around oversteer? If someone had made this the story line of a film, most would have laughed it off as ridiculous fiction without research
If Webber was still at RB this season, I actually think he would've beaten Vettel as well, probably not beating Vettel as much as Danny is but still be ahead of Seb anyway in this new era of F1. There has been signs recently that Vettel is getting to grips with the car but he wasn't on it in Sochi today. Probably thinking too much how he will look in red overalls.
I always liked RBR as a team since they took over Jaguar, its only when Vettel started his fingering :yikes: habit which made me get a bit sour about this team. But now he's off and they have a happy go lucky Aussie and a serious talent in Kyvat, I'm hoping Renault can deliver a decent PU next year to help these guys compete with Mercedes. Also if Mclaren gets rid of :duckie: I'd really look forward to 3 teams mixing it at the front end, if Alonso ends up in McLaren we have serious talents in all seats going for it. Might make this year looks lame in comparison. No more blown diffuser wannabees and (hopefully) the comeback of a legendary team in McLaren to look forward to.
By sagi58
Surely Red Bull/Horner would have had discussions for a while with Vettel and this decision was not a surprise, regardless of what's being reported to the media? That being said, it's not surprising that they had their eye on a replacement and Kyvat fit the bill; but, to say he's going to be better than Vettel, right off the bat? Let's step back a moment and think about Magnussen, who was hailed as the "next" Hamilton, and we all know how that's going down, this season!!

What's the deal with "needing" to be the first to make a prediction, as preposterous as it might be, just to say "I told you so"?? :confused:
Surely Red Bull/Horner would have had discussions for a while with Vettel and this decision was not a surprise, regardless of what's being reported to the media? That being said, it's not surprising that they had their eye on a replacement and Kyvat fit the bill; but, to say he's going to be better than Vettel, right off the bat? Let's step back a moment and think about Magnussen, who was hailed as the "next" Hamilton, and we all know how that's going down, this season!!

What's the deal with "needing" to be the first to make a prediction, as preposterous as it might be, just to say "I told you so"?? :confused:

You realise that kyvat has been in F1 for almost a season whereas mag had no experience or track record in F1 right?????

And you may even have noticed that Kyvat has put in performances against JEV who was teammates with Ricc who is teammates with Seb, allowing us to benchmark him right????

do you actually watch the races and notice the performance of drivers not in red??? why would you presume then to blindly argue against those who do???

its a form of bullying methinks
By Roth

You realise that kyvat has been in F1 for almost a season whereas mag had no experience or track record in F1 right?????

And you may even have noticed that Kyvat has put in performances against JEV who was teammates with Ricc who is teammates with Seb, allowing us to benchmark him right????

do you actually watch the races and notice the performance of drivers not in red??? why would you presume then to blindly argue against those who do???

Kvyat was a test driver for a completely different car, so they have the same amount of experience in this formula, fifteen races, and whatever time spent in the simulator.

And benchmarking isn't as easy as A>B and B>C so A>C. Different eras, different cars, different rates of driver progress, different rates of car development, into areas that
one driver may prefer.

The best we can say is Kvyat and Mag hold a lot of promise but wait till they're at the pointy end to see how they travel. Like Vettel in 08 and 09. They're still both trailing
more experienced teammates, but have shown peaks of driving which show there's potential to be fully unlocked.
By sagi58

You've proven yourself, once again, to be omniscient and omnipotent.
No matter what anyone says / shares / proposes, you know better!! :wink:
By sagi58
The only driver not better than Vettel was Webber.

Last year? Do you think it would have been different this year, as someone has already suggested?
The only driver not better than Vettel was Webber.

Last year? Do you think it would have been different this year, as someone has already suggested?

Evidence points to that yes. When Red Bull lost the rear diffuser , before the effects of it could be replicated by Newey, Webber was at least as fast as Vettel.

See our F1 related articles too!