FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

oh gawd, analogies again.

Nice flanking manoeuvre, let's change the subject and hope no one remembers how flawed the premise was of dragging Lewis into a lame comparison with Alonslo :thumbup:

(At least is not Nicotime anymore :hehe: )
By Roth
Alonso and Hamilton, the top two drivers, in two of the top teams (because even Ferrari failure is relative to our expectations; most teams would kill to be half as successful failures), and both won nothing in the last five years because of dominant teams. Hamilton could be considered an experiment, groomed from an early age to be a McLaren champ, succeeding only once in that small window when there wasn't one dominant team. Alonso was hired as the driver best able to maximise Ferrari potential, and at no point during that tenure were Ferrari in with a realistic chance of supplying even the second best car for the most part. The word 'experiment' is being used like hiring a driver and hoping for the best isn't somehow the norm.

The only 'experiment' of the last five years that's been successful is RBs. So my comparison was fine. It put the apparent Ferrari failure into context.

Your analogy was just bizarre.
Alonso and Hamilton, the top two drivers, in two of the top teams (because even Ferrari failure is relative to our expectations; most teams would kill to be half as successful failures), and both won nothing in the last five years because of dominant teams. Hamilton could be considered an experiment, groomed from an early age to be a McLaren champ, succeeding only once in that small window when there wasn't one dominant team. Alonso was hired as the driver best able to maximise Ferrari potential, and at no point during that tenure were Ferrari in with a realistic chance of supplying even the second best car for the most part. The word 'experiment' is being used like hiring a driver and hoping for the best isn't somehow the norm.

The only 'experiment' of the last five years that's been successful is RBs. So my comparison was fine. It put the apparent Ferrari failure into context.

Your analogy was just bizarre.

If lewis was an experiment that failed because he didnt win in the last 4 years he was at McLaren, its because the experiment was dismantled by the McLaren management at the time. The premise for the original experiment - Rons mandate was shoved aside for a different experiment that failed miserably - in fact posiibly the biggest failure in F1 hence the instigator of that experiment is the first failed TP to be completely and totally erased from F1.

So you need to decide how you are having a pop at Lewis this time round, if he was an experiment then its was spectacularly successful in the 2 years it ran - 2007-2008

on the other hand Alonso to Ferrari was an experiment or project that ran its course and failed spectarcularily results wise - the teams stated objectives where to win titles and in the 5 years of the project won precisely zero, zilch, nada. nothing - the drift shoudl be obvious by now

Yes you can compare the project with RBRs 5 year Seb project, one was successful and one was a failure, surely theres no argument about this, you surely wont say ferrari was not a failuere because RBR were so good? 'oh I lost because the other guy was much much better so I didnt really lose as noone could have beaten him :scratchchin:
Ugh... Why do you guys use so many words when you can do the same with snippets of vagueness and a couple smileys?
:rofl:
By Roth
If lewis was an experiment that failed because he didnt win in the last 4 years he was at McLaren, its because the experiment was dismantled by the McLaren management at the time. The premise for the original experiment - Rons mandate was shoved aside for a different experiment that failed miserably - in fact posiibly the biggest failure in F1 hence the instigator of that experiment is the first failed TP to be completely and totally erased from F1.

So you need to decide how you are having a pop at Lewis this time round, if he was an experiment then its was spectacularly successful in the 2 years it ran - 2007-2008

on the other hand Alonso to Ferrari was an experiment or project that ran its course and failed spectarcularily results wise - the teams stated objectives where to win titles and in the 5 years of the project won precisely zero, zilch, nada. nothing - the drift shoudl be obvious by now

Yes you can compare the project with RBRs 5 year Seb project, one was successful and one was a failure, surely theres no argument about this, you surely wont say ferrari was not a failuere because RBR were so good? 'oh I lost because the other guy was much much better so I didnt really lose as noone could have beaten him :scratchchin:

See the bolded part. That's where you go wrong every time. Defending Lewis when he's not being attacked.

I wasn't having a pop at Hamilton or Alonso. I thought it was pretty obvious it was the teams' strengths and weaknesses I was discussing.

Why would you think I was having a pop at Hamilton?
Because you confirmed that you are extra hard on him only because you support him and expect him to live up to his potential every single time he puts his helmet on, yet Button then seb and now Alonso get the benefit of doubt when there is a comparison to be made

Or maybe because you said Lewis winning one WDC with Macca was the same failure as Alonso winning nothing at all at Ferrari

or maybe because even before you appear anytime Lewis is beaten by his teammate in quali by 0.006, you can be seen arriving a mile off

but the good thing is that you do know that your resistance is futile, and very soon you will do the last ditch stand of whether Lewis is really a great because he only has 4 or 5 titles when he concludes his MS/Alonso style experiment at Merc. For example you have retreated from the previously heavily defended ridge where Nico was trouncing Lewis because of a superior mindset.

so, apologies for not using a vague and meaningless sentence together with a random smiley, or shock horror - an analogy. You make some good and well reasoned points away from sweeping statements about Lewis which can only be expected to attract the'close examination' of the non compromising segment of the Lewis defenders

maybe dont drag lewis into an Alonso discussion on the Red Bull thread unless its factually sound :thumbup:

See the bolded part. That's where you go wrong every time. Defending Lewis when he's not being attacked.

I wasn't having a pop at Hamilton or Alonso. I thought it was pretty obvious it was the teams' strengths and weaknesses I was discussing.

Why would you think I was having a pop at Hamilton?

No, it was not "pretty obvious" lol maybe you need to work on what you're really trying to say. Maybe with the glasses you are wearing it looked like that. Talking about Hamilton on a RBR thread and how he 'squeaked into a title' is talking about Hamilton, not about McLaren. :rolleyes:
By Roth
Because you confirmed that you are extra hard on him only because you support him and expect him to live up to his potential every single time he puts his helmet on, yet Button then seb and now Alonso get the benefit of doubt when there is a comparison to be made

Or maybe because you said Lewis winning one WDC with Macca was the same failure as Alonso winning nothing at all at Ferrari

or maybe because even before you appear anytime Lewis is beaten by his teammate in quali by 0.006, you can be seen arriving a mile off

but the good thing is that you do know that your resistance is futile, and very soon you will do the last ditch stand of whether Lewis is really a great because he only has 4 or 5 titles when he concludes his MS/Alonso style experiment at Merc. For example you have retreated from the previously heavily defended ridge where Nico was trouncing Lewis because of a superior mindset.

so, apologies for not using a vague and meaningless sentence together with a random smiley, or shock horror - an analogy. You make some good and well reasoned points away from sweeping statements about Lewis which can only be expected to attract the'close examination' of the non compromising segment of the Lewis defenders

maybe dont drag lewis into an Alonso discussion on the Red Bull thread unless its factually sound :thumbup:

Too... much ...straw... can't... move.
By Roth
No, it was not "pretty obvious" lol maybe you need to work on what you're really trying to say. Maybe with the glasses you are wearing it looked like that. Talking about Hamilton on a RBR thread and how he 'squeaked into a title' is talking about Hamilton, not about McLaren. :rolleyes:

Yes, it was pretty obvious. You need to work on your understanding. Maybe with the glasses you wear it looked like that. Talking about how teams deliver champions and that even Hamilton who is synonymous with Mclaren suffered is talking about Mclaren. Also all the times I mentioned Mclaren. That's talking about Mclaren too.

See our F1 related articles too!