FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
This is from the new Sky F1 page

"As the new home of Formula 1™, Sky Sports F1™ HD will take customers under the skin of the sport with a depth of coverage never offered before. Full Sky Sports & Sky HD customers will be able to watch the channel for free and enjoy:"

So does that mean if you already have SKY HD but no sky sports will you still be able to watch it? I hope so as I have SKY HD but no sports and it was the the extra £20 per month for sports that was stopping me upgrading.

EDIT

Just found the answer!

Already a Sky TV customer looking to upgrade?

Option 1. Upgrade to Sky Sports online and save £5. Terms and conditions

Option 2. Upgrade to our HD package and receive a free Sky+HD box, with free standard set up and a £100 M&S voucher. (Offer ends 30.11.11) Terms and conditions

Yes, that means you don't need SKY sports to watch F1 just the HD pack, for me personally thats a result!

And for anyone who hasn't got SKY it'll cost £30 per month, with free HD+ box (worth £250) not as bad as it could have been.
So ordinary sky HD will show it!!!!??? I know someone with that.....coming to live at my house :) With the sky stuff :):):)
Looking better.
Even if I could afford it (and I like the idea of a dedicated F1 channel as long as there is decent stuff on it), I still refuse to give that a-hole Murdoch a single penny of my hard earned cash! It's bad enough that a huge chunk of my cash goes to the BBC but Murdoch?! No effin' chance!
Sky will pull a lot of fans over to them with that whole channel dedicated to F1. Very good move, especially after the uproar that still rumbles on amongst fans. Comments on the BBC website are still closed off with "NO TO SKY" all over the place.

However, it's still money I don't have. BBC for me.
Ok, I have a dumb question. Sorry if it's already been answered.

So, the races are stopped if they go over 2 hours, right? So what is the point of a 2-hour highlight reel? Is that supposed to cover the whole weekend? If so, who gives a crap about the practices. Show a 5-10 minute highlight reel of Qualifying prior to the race (like they already do), and show the race in its entirety.

It's like they're trying to piss people off.
2 hour programme but you have to factor in all the boring poo from Eddie Jordan and the Lanky Tit so it'll actually be an hour of race footage. Hardly worth bothering with.
The highlights will be poo imo. We don't get Australia, Canada or Monza live, but we get Spain, Valencia and Silverstone. :confused:
Whoever picked the races for the BBC isn't an F1 fan it seems. Rubbish choices, but why am I not surprised.
The highlights will be poo imo. We don't get Australia, Canada or Monza live, but we get Spain, Valencia and Silverstone. :confused:
Whoever picked the races for the BBC isn't an F1 fan it seems. Rubbish choices, but why am I not surprised.

I doubt that the BBC had much say in what races they get to show live as SKY is paying the lions share of the broadcasting fees...
By LRW
Option 2. Upgrade to our HD package and receive a free Sky+HD box, with free standard set up and a £100 M&S voucher. (Offer ends 30.11.11) Terms and conditions

Yes, that means you don't need SKY sports to watch F1 just the HD pack, for me personally thats a result!

RESULT!! Already a HD customer, so that means no need for the extra £20 a month to Sky.... woop! :clap:

RESULT!! Already a HD customer, so that means no need for the extra £20 a month to Sky.... woop! :clap:

Lucky for some :wink:

Please keep us poor BBC lot updated as to the quality of the Sky coverage! I'm eager to know what this whole-F1-channel is like! :)
By LRW
Why are we getting 90 minute highlights for the european races and 120 minutes for the fly aways??

Probably because of the time of day the highlights are going out. The flyaways that start early are having their highlights earlier on the day - lunchtime- where as the european races are live later in the day, so highlights have to go out later - teatime - and BBC obviously decided they cant give a whole 120mins away to F1 at primetime?

Im guessing.

Please keep us poor BBC lot updated as to the quality of the Sky coverage! I'm eager to know what this whole-F1-channel is like! :)

The only time whe a Sky subscriber has been described as lucky...... :hehe:
By LRW

Well I wouldnt say luck came into it. its just what I decide to spend my money on :wink:

But I can guarantee the coverage wont be as good. Im sure Martin Brundle has confirmed he is going over, but I dont know about DC. Im sure Jake wont move over, as he is the lynchpin on the BBC Olympics coverage i think...?

But it will be interesting to see what else they fill the channel with. But dont worry I will keep you paupers up to date. :wink:
By LRW
But I can guarantee the coverage wont be as good. Im sure Martin Brundle has confirmed he is going over, but I dont know about DC. Im sure Jake wont move over, as he is the lynchpin on the BBC Olympics coverage i think...?

Just found this....
Martin Brundle has confirmed he will be part of their F1 team for 2012, moving from the BBC.

BBC Sport is losing 10 live races due to cut backs of 20% in the sports department from next year and that seems to be one of the reasons why Brundle has moved, not just financial reasons.

"In 2012 I will be working with Sky Sports F1 television," Brundle told the Sunday Times.

"The fact that their newly-announced and dedicated F1 channel will have no in-race advertising was a key factor, but most importantly I need to commentate on every race live. Recorded and delayed sports television doesn't give me the adrenalin fix I crave."

Increasing rumours and speculation today, on race day of the final race of the 2011 season in Brazil is that Ted Kravitz is heading to Sky Sports. Also speculation Lee Mckenzie could be on the move also, or could be shared between both broadcasters.

David Croft, Radio Five Live’s commentator is likely to be paired with Brundle in the commentary box, that is looking strong as today as Rob Jones from USP (who produce Five Live’s F1 Coverage) stated this was Croft’s last race.

Found http://www.atvtoday.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=3009:brundle-confirms-sky-f1-move&catid=25:atv-sport&Itemid=38

See our F1 related articles too!