FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By LRW
Saw a monster of a Porsche in Super U( local supermarket) car park today, it was a Panamera??????4. It didn't really look right. Like a huge fancy rich mummy school run car. I prefer those ones I saw on the col, those old ones, proper Porsches!!

Me too RC, me too.

Sadly the world sees things differently and Porsche has been selling more 4 door vehicles than two door vehicles since 2011.

You two are starting to sound lie Andrew with your harping on about the good old days......

:hehe:
By racechick
Saw a monster of a Porsche in Super U( local supermarket) car park today, it was a Panamera??????4. It didn't really look right. Like a huge fancy rich mummy school run car. I prefer those ones I saw on the col, those old ones, proper Porsches!!

Me too RC, me too.

Sadly the world sees things differently and Porsche has been selling more 4 door vehicles than two door vehicles since 2011.

You two are starting to sound lie Andrew with your harping on about the good old days......

:hehe:

:yikes:
By What's Burning?
Where is a good tire barrier when you need it! They got out okay, can you believe it?
By 1Lemon
How to make a SPLASH in motorsports!
EY...
EY.....

I'll get my coat.
By What's Burning?
At least they were driving a quality built car instead of a Lamborghini Aventador. :wink:
[youtube]6oCGJ12CbSw[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
Check this out, there was an old Ralt RT 5 a Formula Super Vee car that ran at the last autocross I was in. Just saw the YouTube video they posted with their two drivers. This car obviously got the time of day with a 42 and change, where if you look at my video I got a 60.025 and going by the time and looking at some of the lines taken (the driver on the lower portion of the comparison) I could have taken another second off my time... but that would have been pretty much the max for my car. When you look at both it's almost laughable.
[youtube]dF7sFwe_lfA[/youtube]
[youtube]JLJPlPmaDfU[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
The local Porsche dealer sold a 918, over a million with the "options" so next spring I might just run into one driving around town. :cloud9:
By LRW
I never understand how you don't get lost. Watching your videos, I just can never predict which way you are going to go round the randomly placed orange cones.

Maybe I'm just dumb?
By What's Burning?
It's easy, you do walk the course a couple of times and there's a map handed out that helps. Basically a lot of observation and a little memorization.

You have a cone, ^ if you hit any cone and knock it over or move it from away from its location you take a one second deduction. If you graze it or hit it and it doesn't fall over and it stays within its box then there's no penalty. If you've got this; >^ then it means you've got to go around the right of it. This; ^< means you go around the left side of it, for a slalom. ^^^^^^ is the same as if it was a solid wall. >>>>>> or <<<<<<< is a pointer meaning there is a sharp left or right. The rest is all how it's put together whether it's a half skid pad or a box or a slalom or gates, ^ ^ you've got to go through or any other component. It takes some time getting accustomed to it, but it's fun and it allows you to take the car to 100% with little danger.
By 1Lemon
What penalty do you get if you hit the solid wall? :hehe:
By LRW
It's easy, you do walk the course a couple of times and there's a map handed out that helps. Basically a lot of observation and a little memorization.

You have a cone, ^ if you hit it and knock it over you take a one second deduction. If you graze it or hit it and it doesn't fall over and it stays within its box then there's no penalty. If you've got this; >^ then it means you've got to go around the right of it. This; ^< means you go around the left side of it. For a slalom. ^^^^^^ is the same as if it was a solid wall. >>>>>> or <<<<<<< is a pointer meaning there is a sharp left or right. The rest is all how it's put together whether it's a half skid pad or a box or a slalom or gates, ^ ^ you've got to go through or any other component. It takes some time getting accustomed to it, but it's fun and it allows you to take the car to 100% with little danger.

Aaaah. Right I see now. I thought some of the cones had just blown over. :rofl:

Now I watch it again having read that, its actually fairly easy. :blush:

See our F1 related articles too!