FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By darwin dali
WB i take it you have a 911 then? Which?

A 25 year old mistress posing here.

Looks like that hag has been around the block a few times :P
By What's Burning?

I know! She's got her technique down pat. OH the things she's shown me. :blush: The car has been lightened by about 300 lbs, and has an additional 22 HP than stock. Since I've acquired her, I've taken another 42 lbs off, cleaning out old wiring, removing non essentials, blowers, center console, door lock actuators, wiring harnesses remaining after the AC delete, and cruise control. This was a project solely to do Autocross and DE days at the track. I know there's no beauty contests being won, but give me a year or three. No rust, no accidents and not a drop of oil on the garage floor... nothing to do but enjoy the driving makes up for the temporary fugly factor.

I really am learning to drive all over again. :cloud9:
By darwin dali

I know! She's got her technique down pat. OH the things she's shown me. :blush: The car has been lightened by about 300 lbs, and has an additional 22 HP than stock. Since I've acquired her, I've taken another 42 lbs off, cleaning out old wiring, removing non essentials, blowers, center console, door lock actuators, wiring harnesses remaining after the AC delete, and cruise control. This was a project solely to do Autocross and DE days at the track. I know there's no beauty contests being won, but give me a year or three. No rust, no accidents and not a drop of oil on the garage floor... nothing to do but enjoy the driving makes up for the temporary fugly factor.

I really am learning to drive all over again. :cloud9:

Boys and their toys :headpat:
By What's Burning?
Ran across this today... no more beetle jokes. Bonus points if anyone can name the person with him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By smokin
Gugelmin. Where were they? Do they drive on the left in Brazil?
By What's Burning?
Ferdinand Alexander Porsche, the designer of the iconic 911 has died today. The flags at every racetrack around the world should fly half staff.
By vlad
The creator of Marshall amplifiers also died... R.I.P. Both of them.
By andrew
The creator of Marshall amplifiers also died... R.I.P. Both of them.

I will turn my amp down to half the usual volume as a mark of respect and seeing as I don't own a flag.
By What's Burning?
Today I attended an autocross at Hershey PA, it was hosted by our central PA club and run by Solo Pro Driving School. I thought they deserved a shameless plug.

One autocross event is like five or six runs through the course, this was 18 runs total over three different courses with three different national level professional drivers giving us input and feedback as well as during one of the sessions, taking our car through the course. I have to say it was a humbling experience seeing a professional driver the first time sitting in my car, go through a course two seconds faster than I could without even pushing the car to its limits. The amount of speed found by proper car placement into a turn and different braking points and when to get on the throttle makes so much difference. I was able to shave consistently about 7 seconds from my first run to my last in each course. The feedback was invaluable.

Great stuff and I'm already looking forward to next year!
By CookinFlat6
The 911 is the best fun for the money. My friend has a GTR which is also serious fun for the money but when I am in my C4S and he is in his Datsun he wishes he had one

Talking about 911s, I am lucky enough to have owned a few different ones, and the new water cooled 996 and 997 with PASM and PSM are a world apart from the old 'take your life in your hands if you lift mid corner' versions. I still find it hard to compute that I will make it when approaching a corner in the wet too fast, but the electronics work a treat. The car is so firm and stable that the old versions remind you of wallowing around a corner.

Having said that, although the old heroic 911s put hair on a chaps chest and were a lot of fun, I havent switched off the electronics since the first time I tried for a laugh

Any 911 drivers here?
By What's Burning?
It's been a stressful couple of weeks at work, personal life... but today I had a chance to blow off some steam on my second ever autocross.

[youtube]v7dIuntVsf8[/youtube]

See our F1 related articles too!