FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
By What's Burning?
I was at a local car museum that's currently running a Porsche exhibit and took a few pics of the more interesting samples.
A four cam engine, and raced in the GP of Cuba. :cloud9: BTW, the engine in this RSK is probably worth more money than all the other cars in the exhibit combined.
Porsche 'could have' at Indy.
1973 Daytona 24 class winner.
By What's Burning?
2013 Hershey Swap Meet
Every year my local PCA club hosts the Hershey Swap meet. It has the distinction of being the largest concentration of Porsche cars in one place in the entire planet. :yes:
Couple of cool pics of this year's event here. That best in show 356 speedster is one nice little car.
By What's Burning?
I know you guys can't get enough of these. :hehe:
[youtube]tFgxUSOdecY[/youtube]
By What's Burning?
Don't watch unless you're comfortable feeling like an inadequate driver for the rest of your life. :hehe:
The "Yellowbird" Porsche Ruf CTR was the fastest vehicle on the planet and to this day remains one of the fastest ever around the ring. No power steering, no power brakes, no ABS, or traction control... just car and driver. :cloud9:
[youtube]OSMCfPASImQ[/youtube]
Imagine what it would do with modern rubber compound?!?!
By Hammer278
THAT guy can drive!!!!!!!!!!!!!
By What's Burning?
A good promo video released by the NC Museum of Art where they'll be having a 917 on display. To that guy that said a race car that doesn't win is just art, what about an iconic winning race car being displayed as a work of art?
[youtube]Y3qWnyFp6co[/youtube]
By racechick
This is one for WB!!!!!!
I was in the Col du Petite St Bernard, between Italy and France today. Usually there are lots of bikers, and often lovely cars. I love it when the Ferrari's come through. Today it was Porsche's. they were very gorgeous!!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By What's Burning?
This is one for WB!!!!!!
I was in the Col du Petite St Bernard, between Italy and France today. Usually there are lots of bikers, and often lovely cars. I love it when the Ferrari's come through. Today it was Porsche's. they were very gorgeous!!

Thank you! :cloud9: But it's not just about the Porsches, I'm sure you could pick up a very fine wheel of cheese along with some fantastically good cheap wine and sit and watch Porsches or Ferraris pass by all day long.

What did I do wrong that I'm sitting here still working while you're over there doing the opposite of whatever "work" is? :hehe:

BTW from what I can tell, the ones in the pics are just like mine, the G model 911, built between 77 and 88 SC or Carreras.
By What's Burning?
Old footage but a worthwhile watch for any fan of racing, not just Porsche.
[youtube]5GRZSU-c3tI[/youtube]
By racechick
Saw a monster of a Porsche in Super U( local supermarket) car park today, it was a Panamera??????4. It didn't really look right. Like a huge fancy rich mummy school run car. I prefer those ones I saw on the col, those old ones, proper Porsches!!
By What's Burning?
Saw a monster of a Porsche in Super U( local supermarket) car park today, it was a Panamera??????4. It didn't really look right. Like a huge fancy rich mummy school run car. I prefer those ones I saw on the col, those old ones, proper Porsches!!

Me too RC, me too.

Sadly the world sees things differently and Porsche has been selling more 4 door vehicles than two door vehicles since 2011.

See our F1 related articles too!