FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By stonemonkey
I can't get the practice sessions on Iplayer on the PS3 but can watch them on Iplayer on my laptop. Am I doing something stupid or is there a reason for this?
By myownalias
Were you trying to watch live on the iPlayer? I know that live streaming isn't possible on the PS3, and it seems to use a different server because the web based iplayer doesn't work well on the PS3!
By stonemonkey
Were you trying to watch live on the iPlayer? I know that live streaming isn't possible on the PS3, and it seems to use a different server because the web based iplayer doesn't work well on the PS3!

No, not live. Only the quali, race, and highlights seem to show up in the search. It seems a lot of web based stuff doesnt work too well on the PS3, the browser sucks, I tried going into Iplayer through that and when I tried to write formula1 into the search it kept putting up C for every key on the virtual kb so I ended up with CCCCCCC , even the DEL key printed C :banghead:
By myownalias

No, not live. Only the quali, race, and highlights seem to show up in the search. It seems a lot of web based stuff doesnt work too well on the PS3, the browser sucks, I tried going into Iplayer through that and when I tried to write formula1 into the search it kept putting up C for every key on the virtual kb so I ended up with CCCCCCC , even the DEL key printed C :banghead:

Very strange, and agreed, the ps3 browser is awful; although I think it's related to available system RAM as I get an error message saying "out of memory" when I attempt to load a image intensive page, clearly the browser was an afterthought on the part of Sony. But it seems that the PS3 version of the iPlayer is a limited version to keep overhead down!

See our F1 related articles too!