FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Irv the Swerve
He tried to make statement to Massa, his teammate and everyone but managed to fail. Imagine LH being the outright leader going to Monaco at the start of the season, he is a definate contender.
By 7UpJordan
escuse me mates, just a little question for you all...DID ANYONE SEE ONE OVERTAKING DURING THIS RACE??? i mean...lappings excluded... i was almost sleeping this time!! and i'm one of those that during a GP can never sleep!!

That's always been the problem with Barcelona, overtaking hasn't been seen since Nigel Mansell and Ayrton Senna went wheel-to-wheel down the main straight in 1991 with the late James Hunt saying "Wheel-to-wheel stuff just look at this, they're almost touching!!!".
By certom
nowadays every race could be a little Monaco GP! well...i think in Monte Carlo there are more passes than in much more other circuits!!
By 7UpJordan
nowadays every race could be a little Monaco GP! well...i think in Monte Carlo there are more passes than in much more other circuits!!

Lots of people including James Allen and Martin Brundle are pointing out all those stupid little fins and winglets and other poky devices just plastered onto the cars these days are the cause of less overtaking due to the amount of downforce they create and dirty air they throw behind the car and into a tail-ender. Plus they make the cars look uglier too.
By Jens
Good job by lewis..he makes kimi look like a rookie ..or is it just me!!

I'm pretty sure it's just you. I know I don't agree.
By Selcouth_Feline
He tried to make statement to Massa, his teammate and everyone but managed to fail.

And now he's throwing all his toys out the pram, throwing a strop saying was all Massa's fault.
http://www.forumula1.com/2007/f1/f1-new ... sas-fault/
Awww, diddums Alonso....Even Ron Dennis said it was just a racing incident. I think he's finally realised that he's just not as good as he thinks he is!
By Alien_SAP_Fiend
Absolutely awful race. As Certom said (after I stopped staring at his avatar) not a single overtake (except for Hamilton on Kimi). Rotten, lousy carp race.

Not only that, but the WDC leader has not won a single race!!!!!
By Boxofwonders
There was passing. Sato and Rosberg gained a few positions. It's just that the cameras only focused on the three cars at the front most of the time.
By bud

Good agressive driving by Alonso in the first sector...and full marks to massa to maintain his position...
(I would like to bring to notice here that ..This was so similar to Malyasian gp between massa and lewis.. but i belive Massa was much more criticised for his failure than Alonso will be..

firstly Alonso was ahead and was on the racing line, Massa was in the wrong there! JPM got a drive throughsfor doing the exact same thing to Schumi at sepang a few years back,

secondly Alonso didnt lose pole position at the first corner, Massa did and didnt want another Sepang thus banged wheels and ruined Fernando's day! those phone calls to Mike are paying off after all
By 7UpJordan
Excellent analysis of the Spanish GP here http://www.planet-f1.com/story/0,18954, ... 40,00.html

Especially # 10

Bernie Ecclestone Must Be The Leader Of A Sadistic Cult
Another nine years of Barcelona hosting the Spanish GP borders on evil.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! WHY must we continue with that yawnfest of a circuit?? The action only happens in the pits and the only drivers who know how to overtake on the track are Senna and Mansell!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VIrRLCgKEEc
By vegas
Funny that when Schumi was around Massa did very well under pressure and controlled the race. I bet if Schumi was in the pits during Sepang Massa wouldnt have run off the track like that. I wonder if Schumi's powers are contageous like that. I have a signed hat, when I wear it I do feel faster...hmmm.

See our F1 related articles too!