FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By 7UpJordan
He got mixed up, so instead of I'm going to start the stopwatch he said, "I'm going to stop the startwatch." :D

I always like shouting that out whenever I do a pitstop on F1C/RFactor. :)
By McLaren Fan
Any of Senna's remarks, whether the philosophical ones or the when, for example, he was laying into Balestre or Irvine.
By 7UpJordan
Murray: Here's Prost now stuck behind the Ligier of Arnoux... I was talking to Arnoux earlier today and he was telling me the reason why he is so slow is because he is more used to driving turbo-charged cars.
James Hunt: Well that's absolute bullsh!t Murray.
By texasmr2
Murray: Here's Prost now stuck behind the Ligier of Arnoux... I was talking to Arnoux earlier today and he was telling me the reason why he is so slow is because he is more used to driving turbo-charged cars.
James Hunt: Well that's absolute bullsh!t Murray.

That's great, man it would take we week's to go through all my old taped race's to get some of the 'great quote's' by driver's and such, thank's everyone.
By onelapdown
1992 Portugese Grand Prix post-race press conference:

Interviewer: Ayrton, it was announced by Williams that Alian Prost had signed for them today, and there's mounting speculation that McLaren might get Renault engines. Would that help you change your mind about staying with McLaren next year?

Ayrton Senna: Well, I wouldn't be able to give you a short answer because everything's far too complicated. The one thing I would say is that this is supposed to be a World Drivers' Championship, we had two fantastic championships, sporting championships, last year and this year, and we had in my opinion two very bad championships in '89 and '90, and they were a consequence of unbelievable politics going on, and bad behaviour by some people, and now I think we are coming back to the same situation again. It's impossible to accept somebody coming in to a team, in February this year with a signed contract, veto myself and himself too [points to Mansell], and eventually change his [Mansell's] side but stay with the veto of myself, and I think if Prost wants to be called the sole champion, three times world champion, come back in a sporting way, maybe win another championship, he should be sporting. But the way he's doing things, he's behaving like a coward, and if he wants to be sportive he must be prepared to race anybody at any condition on equal terms, and not the way he wants to win a championship. Everything has been laid down to him before you start. It's like if you go in a 100 metre sprint, and you want to have running shoes, and everybody else should have lead shoes - that's the way he wants to race. This is not racing, and this is bad to all of us. That's it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-29zS0iSC4
By Ron Dennis
Murray Walker : "And the lead car is unique, except for the one behind which is identical"

Murray Walker (GP Masters series): "And Derek Warwick is being put under exteme pressure from Elio De Angelis behind" (said about 20 years after Elio died whilst testing for Brabham.)
By certom
do they really comment the GP masters?
By texasmr2
Unknown "(Ron Dennis) is a well balanced chap, he has a chip on both shoulders"

"Driving fast on the track does not scare me. What scares me is when I drive on the highway I get passed by some idiot who thinks he is Fangio."- Juan Manuel Fangio

"If you don't come walking back to the pits every once in a while holding a steering wheel in your hands, you're not trying hard enough"- Mario Andretti

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower" -Mark Donohue

"I had the same equipment and the same resources - but not always did the guys have the same shine in their eyes that they got when they worked with Michael." -Rubens Barrichello

Mika: "The only thing I will change is that in every corner I will try to brake three metres later."
Schumacher: "If he brakes three metres later, I will brake five metres later."
Mika: "See you in the gravel."
Schumacher: "We'll meet together!"

"I don't care if it has electric windows. I don't care if the door gaps are straight but when the driver steps on the gas I want him to **** his pants." - Enzo Ferrari

One announcer was telling how the media crews were in the hospitality suite during a practice when a reporter walked in and told them,
"It's started raining. If you don't get out there soon, you'll miss deCaesaris' crash."

"There are only three real sports: Motor Racing, Bull Fighting and Mountain climbing. Everything else is just a game." - Ernest Hemingway

Enzo to a US customer who complained about the thin and poor manuals and documentation on his early 250 GT:
"We make cars, not books".

Enzo to a French customer who complained because he had measured his Ferrari and found that the body was longer on one side than on the other:
"That's not a problem, it's impossible to look at both sides at the same time"
By JamesToohey
I'm paraphrasing but I remember when I was a kid my dad showing me a recording of a race with Nigel Mansell on the last lap of a GP, can't remember which one.

Murray Walker was doing his: "...and Nigel Mansell takes the wi- OH but wait, he's slowing down".

Classic Walker jynx.
By GLOW THE BR@KES
One day I cut my finger , so I went down to the hospital emergency , well waiting I was reading a Readers Digest and of all places to have a motoring quote . It was about TAZIO NUVOLARI and after a race, reporters were asking him question and one reporter asked him if he thought he would die in a race car, NUVOLARI looked at him and said " How do you wish to die at home safe in your bed " the reporter nodded yes and NUVOLARI replied " where do you find the courage to get into it every night " . Such is the stuff of Legends
By Jabberwocky
One day I cut my finger , so I went down to the hospital emergency , well waiting I was reading a Readers Digest and of all places to have a motoring quote . It was about TAZIO NUVOLARI and after a race, reporters were asking him question and one reporter asked him if he thought he would die in a race car, NUVOLARI looked at him and said " How do you wish to die at home safe in your bed " the reporter nodded yes and NUVOLARI replied " where do you find the courage to get into it every night " . Such is the stuff of Legends

very deep
By synsei
I'm paraphrasing but I remember when I was a kid my dad showing me a recording of a race with Nigel Mansell on the last lap of a GP, can't remember which one.

Murray Walker was doing his: "...and Nigel Mansell takes the wi- OH but wait, he's slowing down".

Classic Walker jynx.

I think you may be referring to the 1991 Canadian GP. Mansell was leading for most of the race IIRC and on the last lap, just a couple of corners from the chequered flag, his Williams ran out of fuel spurring Murrays comment. I believe what he said was along the lines of: "And there's just a few more corners for Nigel Mansell to go to win the Canadian Grand Prix...and...he's going rather slow....HE'S STOPPING HE'S STOPPING!"

My favourite Murray quote is my sig... ;)

See our F1 related articles too!