FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By LewEngBridewell
Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008! :eek:
By myownalias
Well, I've got the Sky F1 channel working! This will be the first time I've watched the race weekend on a different channel to the BBC, since F1 was broadcast on ITV back in 2008! :eek:

So what do you think? did you watch Q?
By LewEngBridewell

Quite enjoyed it actually. Quite slick and clean looking, and it was good to see Brundle again. Nice to hear Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert giving their views, but Jake Humphrey is much more enjoyable and entertaining than Simon Lazenby.

The commentary team is good, and David Croft does a good job, but we knew this from the BBC 5 Live days of old. EwanM tells me the coverage has much improved from the start of the season though, so it appears I've experienced it at a good time. Sky gets the thumbs up from me today.

But I still ain't paying for it though! :rofl:
By mediaman
To me Sky this weekend was exactly how it has been all season. Still waiting to be impressed. Too many pundits of which Jonny and Damon say absolutely nothing. Ted is obviously a big lose to BBC but is he now doing too much. Not sure it does him any favours as he chases Horner down the pit lane. I thought the Schumacher interview and Lewis interview were so dull. Their best bit all weekend was the Seb basketball piece otherwise it was all too snoozeville to me. Those films always help set the coverage apart and this is an example of possible the best ever F1 music sequence... and it wasn't on Sky...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVsN83euv5M
By LRW

Quite enjoyed it actually. Quite slick and clean looking, and it was good to see Brundle again. Nice to hear Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert giving their views, but Jake Humphrey is much more enjoyable and entertaining than Simon Lazenby.

The commentary team is good, and David Croft does a good job, but we knew this from the BBC 5 Live days of old. EwanM tells me the coverage has much improved from the start of the season though, so it appears I've experienced it at a good time. Sky gets the thumbs up from me today.

I agree 100% to the highlighted part. To me, this is still the weakest link of the Sky broadcast. Jake just seems to have a certain relaxed attitude that Simon doesnt, and in interviews this seems to put the drivers at ease. However, Its still Simon's first Season, and he is a LOT better than he was on the first show.
By myownalias
Personally I think that SKY could ditch Lazenby and just have Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert presenting, maybe even get Anthony Davidson to come down and be lead presenter.
By andrew

I agree 100% to the highlighted part. To me, this is still the weakest link of the Sky broadcast. Jake just seems to have a certain relaxed attitude that Simon doesnt, and in interviews this seems to put the drivers at ease. However, Its still Simon's first Season, and he is a LOT better than he was on the first show.

This Lazenby chap must be ruddy awful seeing as Humpty the Numpty is pretty clueless. He makes it sound like he's reading from a script (badly) rather than it being a conscious stream of thought, that you get with a pro like Murray Walker.
By LRW
Personally I think that SKY could ditch Lazenby and just have Damon Hill and Johnny Herbert presenting, maybe even get Anthony Davidson to come down and be lead presenter.

Thats an excellent idea...
By scotty
Having gotten to 10 races now and having seen both channel's coverage, i think it's a case of great content but poor execution for Sky, and perhaps the opposite for the BBC.
By racechick
So where is Hungary race? Sky or BBC? Please say BBC!!!!
By scotty
Sky!
By scotty
Remaining beeb races: Spa, Singapore, Korea, Abu Dhabi, Brazil.

See our F1 related articles too!