FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
By LewEngBridewell
Still angry about the news.

However;

Although I will not be paying for Sky at the moment, I WILL be watching all the coverage the BBC has to offer. As a true F1 fan, I would ideally wish to watch every race live, but as I now cannot afford to do so, I will have to make do with extended highlights when the race is not live on the BBC.

I refuse to be put off my wonderful sport that has enchanted me since childhood by a petty TV deal!!!!

Any proper F1 fan will remain loyal to the sport and persist through the obstacles.

Any folk saying they are refusing to watch now need to assess whether they were really F1 fans in the first place.

DAMN YOU Sky, but you're not pushing ME around.

:blaster:

At the moment I won't watch. I have been brought up watching F1, my Dad is an F1 fan and my Mum will watch a race if it's on and will try and put the evils on certain drivers but I see no point in watching sporadic races.

If I want to see F1 I want to see the entire unedited season. Pretty clear choice for me at the moment.

Yeah but you're just saying that in the heat of the news. If you loved the sport that much, you'd be watching. I have no doubt we'll be chatting here about F1 next season.... :wink:
By Denthúl
Whoa now, RC. Eddie?

Maybe all this time off for school holidays is sending you a little insane... :hehe:

Don't OneHD (Aus) stream on their website? As far as I'm aware, RTL will still be getting coverage for Germany, although I've not seen any confirmation. There are also two Spanish channels getting it, but one of those is only a local channel rather than national (sadly said to be the better of the two).
By Ri21

However;

Although I will not be paying for Sky at the moment, I WILL be watching all the coverage the BBC has to offer. As a true F1 fan, I would ideally wish to watch every race live, but as I now cannot afford to do so, I will have to make do with extended highlights when the race is not live on the BBC.

I refuse to be put off my wonderful sport that has enchanted me since childhood by a petty TV deal!!!!

Any proper F1 fan will remain loyal to the sport and persist through the obstacles.

Any folk saying they are refusing to watch now need to assess whether they were really F1 fans in the first place.

At the moment I won't watch. I have been brought up watching F1, my Dad is an F1 fan and my Mum will watch a race if it's on and will try and put the evils on certain drivers but I see no point in watching sporadic races.

If I want to see F1 I want to see the entire unedited season. Pretty clear choice for me at the moment.

Yeah but you're just saying that in the heat of the news. If you loved the sport that much, you'd be watching. I have no doubt we'll be chatting here about F1 next season.... :wink:

I do believe your right...certain things are being said in the 'heat of the moment' but we all know how UK viewers are feeling....its upsetting to see great f1 coverage and a great f1 team lose the rights to all the races...especaially after its had its highest viewing figures recently

Its disappointing....and infuriating that sky gets to cover it fully....
By andrew
We'll see LewEngBridewell. This is far from over it seems. I just read this quote:

Martin Whitmarsh has said it may breach the Concorde agreement...

I'm as confused as all on sky deal. Just saw on my twitter the unhappiness.

Let's hope it does breach the Concorde Agreement. Sadly Whitmarsh has as much balls as a neutered cat. I really cannot see him putting up too much of a fight to the powers that be.

Whoa now, RC. Eddie?

Maybe all this time off for school holidays is sending you a little insane... :hehe:

That's the modern ciriculum for you! :hehe:
By stickler
C**** C**** C**** C****

What a bunch of f***ers Formula One board are -- content to sign up with lying, cheating News Corp and deny that the BBC ( and somewhat ITV) have helped enormously to sustain and build their "business".

Bernie ( soon to be prosecuted, one believes ... for other naughty behaviour) wouldn't know any better, I suppose, given that his idea of good company is to have dinner with the Murdochs.

what a s***
By LewEngBridewell

However;

I do believe your right...certain things are being said in the 'heat of the moment' but we all know how UK viewers are feeling....its upsetting to see great f1 coverage and a great f1 team lose the rights to all the races...especaially after its had its highest viewing figures recently

It's f***ing atrocious news, but the heat will die down. What's done is done. All these knee-jerk reactions about giving up watching will cease and the fans will watch what they can. Rich folk will be fine and carry on as normal. Poor folk such as myself will make do with what we have but persist non-the-less because of our love for this great sport. This deal is not putting ME on my back. F1 fan through-and-though.
By Ri21

However;

It's f***ing atrocious news, but the heat will die down. What's done is done. All these knee-jerk reactions about giving up watching will cease and the fans will watch what they can. Rich folk will be fine and carry on as normal. Poor folk such as myself will make do with what we have but persist non-the-less because of our love for this great sport. This deal is not putting ME on my back. F1 fan through-and-though.

Very true (i have said today that i wouldnt want to watch only half of the races but when i think about it...i dont think i can give up on F1)

and even though i know deep down that it will not make any difference i am signing every petition i can to get it to stay FULLY on the bbc...one can only dream
By LewEngBridewell

However;

Very true (i have said today that i wouldnt want to watch only half of the races but when i think about it...i dont think i can give up on F1)

and even though i know deep down that it will not make any difference i am signing every petition i can to get it to stay FULLY on the bbc...one can only dream

:clap::clap::clap:

I've signed a few petitions as well. It's all for the cause.
By andrew
I know what'll cheer everyone up and take your minds of this disgrace. Try answering this question here. :wavey:
By racechick
Whoa now, RC. Eddie?

Don't OneHD (Aus) stream on their website? As far as I'm aware, RTL will still be getting coverage for Germany, although I've not seen any confirmation. There are also two Spanish channels getting it, but one of those is only a local channel rather than national (sadly said to be the better of the two).

I know I know, even Eddie!! He's grown on me, they all go togther so well.
Holidays?? This is it, finito!! Yep, its gone to my head big time.Thanks for the info on other channels. I think a little experimentation is in order before next season.
What a callous greedy man Bernie is.He cares nothing for the fans that have made his money for him. He could forgo an extra house for his daughters.
By andrew
I know I know, even Eddie!! He's grown on me...

Liqid nitrogen should freeze that right off. :rofl:
By Ri21
I know what'll cheer everyone up and take your minds of this disgrace. Try answering this question here. :wavey:

those questions i always find too bloody hard :hehe: which instead of cheering me up...would only depress me more
By andrew

those questions i always find too bloody hard :hehe: which instead of cheering me up...would only depress me more

Took your mind of F1 going to Sky didn't it? :wink: A few wrong guesses and I'll post a good clue.
By Denthúl
Whoa now, RC. Eddie?

I know I know, even Eddie!! He's grown on me, they all go togther so well.
Holidays?? This is it, finito!! Yep, its gone to my head big time.Thanks for the info on other channels. I think a little experimentation is in order before next season.
What a callous greedy man Bernie is.He cares nothing for the fans that have made his money for him. He could forgo an extra house for his daughters.

Finished? :confused:
By Ferrari man 009
Considering that I will have a choice of both, I will probably choose to screw the BBC like they have screwed all of you and watch all races on Sky, regardless of the races where i have a choice.

See our F1 related articles too!