FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
...would you be kicking yourself now?

He had a lovely seat at BMW, squandered his opportunity and now that team are flying (well Heidfeld is). :twisted:
By madbrad
He tried, he didn't consciously do anything deliberately to get himself sacked, So I don't think there's anything to kick himself for. He just sucked! Too bad, I'd like to have seen him up the field this year in the BMW and hearing the commentators sayiing good things.
By bud
same story at BAR in 04 wasnt it hehe then he had the part time drive in renault then they turned out fast in 05 now the sauber thing, maybe he sets up the teams to perform huh ;0
By vegas
That was a bad way for a once world champion to retire from F1. But I guess he really should have retired earlier when he could see he stopped getting points, before a team like BMW forced him out.
By Irv the Swerve
Should have moved on from Williams in 98-99 crappy Mech, maybe things could have been different?
By Jens
He was at BAR in 99 Denilson.
By Irv the Swerve
....Yep you are right Jens.. :oops::wink:

If he got a chance to drive for Ferrari or McLaren instead of BAR, would he be a shoe in for a title or struggle in a top car? He got a break with Renault for a few races in 04 but his lay off from F1 before proved costly. Imagine was able to do the job Renault asked him to do, he could have teamed up with Alonso and push himself onto a greater level.
By darwin dali
Woulda, coulda, shoulda :roll:

And now he's crooning and by the earful I got, it sounds like he's doing it about as successfully and skillfully as he did his job at BAR or Renault or Sauber...
By deMuRe
Was that an Adrian Newey car JV won the title with in '97?

Nuff said...
By madbrad
Originally Bernie wanted JV in a Ferrari. This was while JV was busy winning the Indy 500.
By Jens
Hmm. He should have stuck to 4 identical corners, 2 long straights and two very ahort ones.

Perhaps F1 was too complex for him. I mean, he had to turn TWO ways in one race? Must have been difficult for him.
By 7UpJordan
If I were Jacques I'd go dye my hair purple again and change the colour every month.
By madbrad
he should put out another album. It can't do any worse than the first!
By Stephen
he should put out another album. It can't do any worse than the first!

You could describe Villeneuve as a 'one hit wonder' in everything he does. :lol:

See our F1 related articles too!