FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Introduce yourself, go on, don't be shy!
Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

It is highly likely that the standard of your English is far better than many people who have English as their first language. Besides, your English is far better than my German. :thumbup:

Oh that is nice to hear :D
But I think German isn´t an often teached language in UK is it?

From my own experience, German is up with French and Spanish as core languages within the Modern Foreign Languages sector at schools in the UK.
From my own experience, German is up with French and Spanish as core languages within the Modern Foreign Languages sector at schools in the UK.

^ What he said. :D

Latin is still around I think, if you go to some of the more exclusive schools. Of course when I say exclusive, I mean expensive. :wink:
Welcome to the forum. :wavey:

It is highly likely that the standard of your English is far better than many people who have English as their first language. Besides, your English is far better than my German. :thumbup:

Oh that is nice to hear :D
But I think German isn´t an often teached language in UK is it?

German is even taught in Australia, I learned it in high school. Had a choice of French German or Japenese. Chose German because im part German, and also its closer to English :hehe:
Ah okay.
How difficult is it to learn for you?
I can remember that english was quite tricky. It has always been my worst subject in school.
I was just really improving when I started reading the Harry Potter books in the english language :D
Ah okay.

I did French and German, and found them both difficult. But then again, they were never subjects that interested me. :wink:
the basic words of German I found easy, because they are similar or sound similar to English, which is a Germanic language even though it has alot of French and Latin influence since the Norman Invasion.
But its still not fully intelligible and is not heaps easy to learn fluently.
Frisian I think is closest for an English speaker, aside from Scots which some say is a dialect and not a separate language. Although it is classed as its own.
Hallo Mörtel,ich wünsch dass du gute zait hier haben.(my German is bad i know)And,English isnt my first language too,its Turkish.I still cant make comments on threads because i dont understand or dont know the English word of what i am thinking.No need to worry about language issue people would understand and your not the only one.Hope you will learn more here thats how i improved my English. :)
:D
nice to hear
But your German is still good enough to understand you.
Often I do not know the right words for things I want to say too, but then I try to find it with the google translater.
I think it works quite good.
Ah okay.

I did French and German, and found them both difficult. But then again, they were never subjects that interested me. :wink:

First of all - welcome Mr. Mortel. (Sorry I do not have a European keyboard, so hopefully Mortel isn't a bad word in German! :P )

I tried learning Chinese, Japananese, Italian, German and Arabic in school. I'd get tired of one so moved onto the next.

Unfortunately I only remember that schwarz means "black" and guten nacht is obvious.

Already in this thread someone has given me a refresher on how to say hello. :hehe:

And I also have learned a few word here and there because of my support for Sebastian Vettel. Like weltmeister last year. :hehe:

Oh - and at times I feel the need to correct Vettel on his English. One classical moment during the press-conference after he won the title in Abu Dhabi. He started off saying "I'm speechless." And then went on to deliver a 10 minute speech. :hehe:
Hey mortel

If you can master the proper uses of your, you're, there, their, and they're, you will know english better than about 90% of the people who use english as their first language
No "Mortel" isn´t a bad word. It doesn´t even exist. :wink:

Well I think "Weltmeister" is one of the easier words because of the quite similar word "world champion".
The most difficulties people have in the right word gender (male, female or neutral)- even of people whose first language is German.

That´s an advantage of the english laguage- you can´t make a mistake.
:D
nice to hear
But your German is still good enough to understand you.
Often I do not know the right words for things I want to say too, but then I try to find it with the google translater.
I think it works quite good.

Its nice to hear that i think i learn German from exam to exam during the gap English and Turkish are enough for me :D I cant keep the genders of names and these akkusativ dativ thing and sequence of words in sentences,maybe because such rules doesnt exist in Turkish.Google Translator is quite good but it translates some sentences incorrectly so i just use it for sentences.

Btw its good to see another Nico fan here.

See our F1 related articles too!