FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
I belive everyone has read the interview.....Also Massa did indicate the same regarding great improvement in the Ferrari.

We have seen the last 3 races that Ferrari was already the quickest of the pack...and with the additional developments it's looking preety unbetable.

Does this indicates we are heading for another 2004??????
I belive everyone has read the interview.....Also Massa did indicate the same regarding great improvement in the Ferrari.

We have seen the last 3 races that Ferrari was already the quickest of the pack...and with the additional developments it's looking preety unbetable.

Does this indicates we are heading for another 2004??????

I should bloody hope not, the only way Kimi could be any quicker is that he goes to the toilet even longer before the race. But of course it's not only Ferrari who have been trying to go faster as well, I know Alonso said he didn't like the new fishmouth wing but Hamilton might. Plus BMW could well suddenly be the fastest team or even Williams (by a long shot :P)
By Boxofwonders
Drivers are always saying that they will be quicker. I don't think any team has the potential to completely dominate the championship this season.
By darwin dali
Drivers are always saying that they will be quicker. I don't think any team has the potential to completely dominate the championship this season.

Not all of them, JB or RS come to mind :wink:
By madbrad
I remember Irvine tipping his squareheaded teammate for the title even before the first race. LOL already conceding !
By kalpitv
Almost all the top teams are bragging about 'significant' improvements. I personally think that the competition between Ferrari and McLaren will become fiercer Spanish GP onwards instead of Ferrari pulling away.
By logan
Almost all the top teams are bragging about 'significant' improvements. I personally think that the competition between Ferrari and McLaren will become fiercer Spanish GP onwards instead of Ferrari pulling away.
Well i do agree all teams would have made some improvements but it seems Ferrari have got it more right...

Alonso: "Ferrari will be tough to catch"

Even Alonso could'nt help noticing the major improvements in the new Ferrari
By vegas
Well it seemed that Alonso was haveing a wee bit of trouble catching the Ferraris before the Imporvements, along with his team mate.
By Marco
It would be another 2004 if Kimi & Massa were as good as Schumacher, so far this season I haven't seen any evidence of that. :roll:
By bud
Well it seemed that Alonso was haveing a wee bit of trouble catching the Ferraris before the Imporvements, along with his team mate.

ie Sepang.

dont worry Marco Kimi is faster than Schumacher, even Schu didnt win his first race at Ferrari while Kimi did, give Kimi time for the car to mould to his style
By 7UpJordan
dont worry Marco Kimi is faster than Schumacher, even Schu didnt win his first race at Ferrari while Kimi did, give Kimi time for the car to mould to his style

There's a difference between the 2007 Ferrari and the 1996 Ferrari which was just laughably slow and ugly, Schumacher didn't take TOO long to pick up his first win in it.

Plus Nigel Mansell may have won his first race in a Ferrari on the first attempt, but the rest of 1989 was full of breakdowns and driving past his pit box in Estoril (funny how Mansell twice got DQ'd in Estoril for pitlane dramas when winning comfortably isn't it?).
By madbrad
Eddie won a race in the new car before Michael did.
By Jens
Winning first time out is no indicator of overall pace. KR's quick, but MS is quicker
By vegas
Winning first time out is no indicator of overall pace. KR's quick, but MS is quicker

Its hard to say really. Kimi recently stated that the recent improvements to his Ferrari has made it closer to his driving style. Once the driver is comfortable with the car then we can see how fast they truly are. Spain will be interesting.
By Boxofwonders

Its hard to say really. Kimi recently stated that the recent improvements to his Ferrari has made it closer to his driving style. Once the driver is comfortable with the car then we can see how fast they truly are. Spain will be interesting.

Was it a conscious decision by Ferrari to build a car more compatible to Kimi? If so, does this mean that he is gaining no. 1 status at Ferrari?

See our F1 related articles too!