BBCs best viewing figures (nearly)

For Formula One and Motorsport related videos and images.
racechick
Missing Mod
Favourite Driver: Lewis Hamilton
Favourite Team: Mercedes AMG Petronas

Re: BBCs best viewing figures (nearly)

Postby racechick »

deMuRe wrote:
racechick wrote:Hmm. I much prefer BBC to ITV, but ITV is way more preferable than SKY. I fear it will be SKY. I'll have a dilema because i dont subscribe to SKY nor do i really want to :(

No, it could never go to pay per view, the sponsors would leave in droves. Sky were just looking to boost their share price and sniff out the market for any potential investors with some clever media articles.

The BBC coverage is getting better every week. I love all the new animations and the way they present their features, absolute world class. I just hope we never loose the BBC, they are the cat's whiskers.

:yes::yes:
You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.
Abe Lincoln

Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a man's character, give him power. Abe Lincoln
LewEngBridewell
DD owns my a$$
Favourite Team: McLaren

Postby LewEngBridewell »

At the end of the day. The BBC is perfect. :cloud9:
Race wins:181Drivers' titles:12Constructors' titles:8
Fantasy F1 Team = Bridewell Palace Racing
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Postby darwin dali »

LewEngBridewell wrote:At the end of the day. The BBC is perfect. :cloud9:

And in the morning? Not so much? :wink:
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
Bulletproof

Postby Bulletproof »

Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees. As for them not bidding for it after 2012, is this confirmed by the BBC or just hearsay?

For me as a licence payer I pretty much only watch F1, Eastenders (sometimes) Family Guy and listen to Radio one, so for £120 a year, I'm paying £21 for f1 and the rest is for Radio one, Eastenders and Family guy, for my sort of demograph F1 is excellent value for money.
darwin dali
Forum Queen

Postby darwin dali »

Bulletproof wrote:Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees.

I was thinking that, too.
Does anybody have some data, stats on this? How many/which countries? How much do they pay the BBC for it?
Image Le coeur a ses raisons que la raison ne connaît point. Image
Bulletproof

Postby Bulletproof »

darwin dali wrote:
Bulletproof wrote:Remember the BBC sell there commentary all over the world, hopefully that brings in a little income to off set Bernies fees.

I was thinking that, too.
Does anybody have some data, stats on this? How many/which countries? How much do they pay the BBC for it?

Well I know Indonesia/Malaysia take the commentary, i was once dying to watch the F1 whilst in Medane (Sumartra) and stumbled across it on some random Channel, with MB on the commentary, was amazing!