FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Aww! It's adorable, but not pretty. Like Quasimodo turned into a car... it probably has a great personality!

Hey suitcase - long time no see.
How have you been?
And that new avatar, is that from your prom?

good, school is slowing down so I have more time for this :)
and yes, my prom was last week.

Ah, che bella ragazza! :thumbup:

aww shucks :blush:
Aww! It's adorable, but not pretty. Like Quasimodo turned into a car... it probably has a great personality!

How have you been?

Why? :confused:
I had a high opinion about Aston Martin till the minute I clicked on this thread. :crying:
I have not checked in a while, but I was under the impression you can't buy that car, that it comes with one of their more monstrous supecars.

How have you been?

I meant it like I was blushing...did I misunderstand the Italian...?

How have you been?

No, you didn't misunderstand :thumbup:

How have you been?

No, you didn't misunderstand :thumbup:

ok good :)
As has been alluded to, it's down to EU regulations on reduction across a fleet or manufacturer.
Ferrari gets around it cause its owned by Fiat and that is considered one manufacturer, Lamborghini is owned by VAG (audi), as is Porsche. Aston on the other hand is owned partly by Prodrive and partly by a middle eastern hedge fund and consequently only has its own cars hence what is a re-engineered iQ or something. Will apparently only be offered to existing Aston customers.

cheers Ali
Check it out...a car that can TWEET you.

Toyota cars to 'tweet' their drivers

The Japanese automaker said it would work in conjunction with US cloud computing firm Salesforce.com to create the "Toyota Friend" service for owners of electric cars and plug-in hybrid vehicles to be introduced next year.

Toyota will invest 442 million yen ($5.4 million) and Salesforce.com will spend 223 million yen on Toyota Media Service Co., a Toyota subsidiary providing data services to drivers.

Microsoft Corporation, which in April announced a strategic partnership with Toyota to build a global platform for next-generation communications services, will invest 335 million yen.

Toyota described the service as "a private social network that connects Toyota customers with their cars, their dealership, and with Toyota."

The service will be accessible through smart phones, tablet PCs, and other advanced mobile devices.

Cars will be able to send tweet-like alerts reminding drivers to recharge their batteries, Toyota said.

"Social networking services are transforming human interaction and modes of communication," said Toyota President Akio Toyoda.

"The automobile needs to evolve in step with that transformation."

I can see where this is going....and after you service the car, its going to "Like" you....and if you dont service it, it'd probably delete you from its friends list. What the hell is this world coming to. :banghead:
Check it out...a car that can TWEET you.

Toyota cars to 'tweet' their drivers

The Japanese automaker said it would work in conjunction with US cloud computing firm Salesforce.com to create the "Toyota Friend" service for owners of electric cars and plug-in hybrid vehicles to be introduced next year.

Toyota will invest 442 million yen ($5.4 million) and Salesforce.com will spend 223 million yen on Toyota Media Service Co., a Toyota subsidiary providing data services to drivers.

Microsoft Corporation, which in April announced a strategic partnership with Toyota to build a global platform for next-generation communications services, will invest 335 million yen.

Toyota described the service as "a private social network that connects Toyota customers with their cars, their dealership, and with Toyota."

The service will be accessible through smart phones, tablet PCs, and other advanced mobile devices.

Cars will be able to send tweet-like alerts reminding drivers to recharge their batteries, Toyota said.

"Social networking services are transforming human interaction and modes of communication," said Toyota President Akio Toyoda.

"The automobile needs to evolve in step with that transformation."

I can see where this is going....and after you service the car, its going to "Like" you....and if you dont service it, it'd probably delete you from its friends list. What the hell is this world coming to. :banghead:

What's wrong with that?
I'm old fashioned. I like to think of a car as a car, and I dont want it talking to me. Just a display on the dash that it needs servicing is more than enough to send the message.

Imagine you're in a meeting and suddenly your Berry vibrates....and its your bloody car! :yikes:
I'm old fashioned. I like to think of a car as a car, and I dont want it talking to me. Just a display on the dash that it needs servicing is more than enough to send the message.

Imagine you're in a meeting and suddenly your Berry vibrates....and its your bloody car! :yikes:

A message on the dashboard is the same thing as a tweet reminder isn't it? Both are signals provided to remind you.
Dont know. I prefer seeing messages from my car limited to in-car, period. Each to his own!

See our F1 related articles too!