FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By 7UpJordan
will they go back to V10s aswell maybe?

Forget just V10's bring back V12's as well! :)
By deMuRe
Look at where Schumacher makes up most of his time on his rivals, his entry speed into corners, by making the car twitchy with grooves you lessen his ability in that department...

Oh I am being very serious...
By bud
Queenslander enough said ;)

ok its funny how in the time they made the car twitchy and hard for schumi to drive he won HOW MANY TITLES?? he won 2 titles on slicks and 5 on grooves! go figure why didnt they change back to slicks after his 2nd title for Ferrari?

all drivers would have had to change their styles, braking zone and turn in from their KARTING backgrounds! lame theory you got there
Last edited by bud on 06 May 07, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.
By deMuRe
Queenslander enough said ;)

ok its funny how in the time they made the car un twitchy and hard for schumi to drive he won HOW MANY TITLES?? he won 2 titles on slicks and 5 on grooves! go figure

All that pot in Adelaide getting to your head? :wink:

Sure it took him a while to adjust, he eventually won again on Grooves but took him a few years of trying... Other factors came into play, the '96 Ferrari drove like I quote "a truck."
By bud
updated my post, couldnt stop laughing at your theory and posted it before i checked it correctly :P

na no pot here, cane toads eat it all! smart people the Queenslanders ;

96 Ferrari drove like a truck? it was his choice to leave a double world title winning team, he knew he would bring half the team along with him 96 was a sab year of driving a poo car, 97 he had his shot at the title but cheated and lost, on grooves he had his shot at the title but stalled in japan and lost! 99 he broke his leg maybe the car twitched too much and made him go off track i mean he aint that good a driver really, it takes him years to adjust to new specs it seems so you say! 2000 he won 2001 he won 2002 he won 2003 he won 2004 he won

yeah they changed to grooves to stop a schumacher domination of the sport alright hahahahahahahahah
By 7UpJordan
Sure it took him a while to adjust, he eventually won again on Grooves but took him a few years of trying... Other factors came into play, the '96 Ferrari drove like I quote "a truck."

That was Alain Prost who said that, except it was the rushed-into-action 1991 Ferrari 643, and it was those words which were the final straw as he then got sacked.
By Jens
'Bout time. Us fans have been trying to get slicks back for years.
By deMuRe
updated my post, couldnt stop laughing at your theory and posted it before i checked it correctly :P

na no pot here, cane toads eat it all! smart people the Queenslanders ;

96 Ferrari drove like a truck? it was his choice to leave a double world title winning team, he knew he would bring half the team along with him 96 was a sab year of driving a poo car, 97 he had his shot at the title but cheated and lost, on grooves he had his shot at the title but stalled in japan and lost! 99 he broke his leg maybe the car twitched too much and made him go off track i mean he aint that good a driver really, it takes him years to adjust to new specs it seems so you say! 2000 he won 2001 he won 2002 he won 2003 he won 2004 he won

yeah they changed to grooves to stop a schumacher domination of the sport alright hahahahahahahahah

Just because you hadn't thought of it doesn't mean it's not a reasonable theory...

Why do all McLaren fans sound like Schumi Anti's?
By bud
Mclaren fans are sane, Ferrari fans minds are too bewildered with all that passion and think and act stupidly :P

crazy theory you have there call mulder and scully on that one i think it goes deeper
By darwin dali
And you're an example of a sane McLaren fan?!?
You must have flip-flopped the definition of words as well downunder...
By bud
Im very sane, the fact im opposite to Ferrari fans says it all!

passion is a form of obsessive psychosis, many religious followers and fanatics can adhere to this theory. just wear the red goggles to each other you are sane

so forum queen you agree with his theory huh?
By deMuRe
Nah, Ferrari fans have the ability to read between the lines and don't just blindly obey whatever that is told to them in the press, because journalists never lie!
By darwin dali
Nah, the only screwing around with regs by the FIA that may have affected MS and was clearly directed at him was the change of the point system. The rest of the changes affected all drivers, while the loss of points differential for wins affected him the most since he won the most races. They just didn't like it that he could decide the championship after 2/3 of the season - bad for TV ratings, i.e., business.
By bud
Nah, Ferrari fans have the ability to read between the lines and don't just blindly obey whatever that is told to them in the press, because journalists never lie!

haha what ever demure, aka Massa being blocked by Fernando at Monza ferrari fans beleived what Toad and Massa had to say about that bullpoo decision. blatant lying blatant cheating is what Ferrari stands for, and its fans are there to back that bullpoo up! nice bunch of folk you sheep tifosi are. talk about being brainwashed Ferrari fans are the only ones who cant think for themselves hahaha

i agree about the point system but its more towards Ferrari as a whole rather than schumacher himself, when you dont have a teammate who is allowed to race you then if your car is far superior which Ferrari was for most of the 5 years then the title is pre ordaned! which means boring. thus the change to the point system.
Not due to mikes superior skills which youd like to beleive till the cows come home, or should i say sheep!
By darwin dali
You're contradicting yourself here, bud. If as you say the Ferrari teammate couldn't race MS, he didn't matter for the drivers' title, thus it WAS directed at MS when they changed the point system, not Ferrari.

See our F1 related articles too!