FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By spankyham
There's something interesting about the Arrows team that the March team also had in common, what is it and explain?
PLUS
Which driver in Formula 1 has the longest career without ever achieving a pole position?
By What's Burning?
There's something interesting about the Arrows team that the March team also had in common, what is it and explain?
PLUS
Which driver in Formula 1 has the longest career without ever achieving a pole position?

That's two distinct questions there spanky. As if it wasn't hard enough to research one of them. Brundle I'm pretty certain has the longest career without a pole.. but damn still thinking about the Arrows/March.

Ok, I admit it... I had to cheat, but hell what's Google for anyway... March and Arrows are names that are made up from the letters from the last names of the team's founders.
By spankyham
Well done WB. And nicely spotted on the dual question. Still, it didn't slow you down getting the answer out.

BTW Brundle also didn't win a race (better know fact probably) and I think he also never set a fastest lap. Funny really when you think he only just lost to the great AS in F3 before they both moved to F1.

Are we to have another pet question?
By What's Burning?

Are we to have another pet question?

I take offense to that! LOL so let me think about something... stay tuned.
By What's Burning?
Sebastian Vettel currently holds a lot of records in his short F1 career that are associated with his youth, but which (dubious) distinction does he currently hold that may likely never be bested by a future F1 driver?

Oh yeah, and Spanky, if YOU respond to this question I also want his dog's name. :hehe:

EDIT: slightly clarified the wording of the question.
By spankyham
Sebastian Vettel currently holds a lot of records in his short F1 career that are associated with his youth, but which (dubious) distinction does he currently hold that may likely never be bested by a future F1 driver?

Oh yeah, and Spanky, if YOU respond to this question I also want his dog's name. :hehe:

Youngest sheep-shearer - unless there was something else he did to that sheep :twisted:
By What's Burning?

Youngest sheep-shearer - unless there was something else he did to that sheep :twisted:

"That" may be kept track of in Australia... :hehe: but I'm talking official F1 recorded and tracked dubious distinction
By darwin dali
He was penalized only nine seconds after beginning his F1 career for impeding an approaching driver - that should be a record :wink:
By What's Burning?
He was penalized only nine seconds after beginning his F1 career for impeding an approaching driver - that should be a record :wink:

Indeed, he was penalized with a drive through but my source said 6 seconds... close enough! :hehe:
By darwin dali
This driver amassed a whopping 0.5 points while driving in F1.
By McLaren

It was a lady called Lombardi or something.only remembered the name due to it sounding like the nfl cup :hehe:
By darwin dali

It was a lady called Lombardi or something.only remembered the name due to it sounding like the nfl cup :hehe:

:clap:

See our F1 related articles too!