FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By spankyham
My question relates to a discussion between a driver and a mechanic-turned-author. Discussion goes thusly:-

driver:- the tyres at each corner of the car talk to me and tell me what they are feeling and I constantly listen very closely to them

m-t-a:- and in the rain?

Question is, who is the driver and mechanic-turned-author and what was the drivers answer?
By darwin dali
My question relates to a discussion between a driver and a mechanic-turned-author. Discussion goes thusly:-

driver:- the tyres at each corner of the car talk to me and tell me what they are feeling and I constantly listen very closely to them

Question is, who is the driver and mechanic-turned-author and what was the drivers answer?

Can't be none other than good ol' Steve Matchett and good ol' MS :thumbup:
In the rain they whisper!
By spankyham

Can't be none other than good ol' Steve Matchett and good ol' MS :thumbup:
In the rain they whisper!

Spot on mate! Well done.
By darwin dali
Who got the longest gap between starts in F1 timewise?
And who with regard to number of GPs?
By What's Burning?
Jan Lammers for time and Luca Badoer for GPs?

Care to post the number of GPs for Luca? You know as extra credit?
By Coronis
Jan Lammers for time and Luca Badoer for GPs?

Care to post the number of GPs for Luca? You know as extra credit?

haha no clue, probably around 150
By Coronis
Which was the first non-european constructor to win a Grand Prix, and which Grand Prix was it?
By spankyham
Which was the first non-european constructor to win a Grand Prix, and which Grand Prix was it?

Post Formula 1 = Offenhauser (USA) 1950 Indy GP

Pre Formula 1 = Locomobile (USA) 1906 Long Island (although this race didn't have the words "Grand Prix" in its title, the race was considered part of the 1906 Grand Prix season)

Pre Formula 1 = Mercer (USA) 1914 Santa Monica (this was the first non-european constructor in a GP recognised race that had the words "Grand Prix" in the race name - Race was called American Grand Prize.
By Coronis
By constructor I meant team, sorry for any confusion. And yes I did mean post -f1, on to you
By spankyham
By constructor I meant team, sorry for any confusion. And yes I did mean post -f1, on to you

There are so many grey areas here, but, my guess is Honda, '65 Mexico.

Although, Curtis-Kraft Offenhauser, with Pearson's, '50 Indy probably still meets the criteria.
By Coronis

There are so many grey areas here, but, my guess is Honda, '65 Mexico.

Although, Curtis-Kraft Offenhauser, with Pearson's, '50 Indy probably still meets the criteria.

Yep, thats it
By What's Burning?
^^ a little less obscurity por favor, you know... for those of us that didn't get the complete encyclopedia of formula one for our 8th birthday. :hehe:
By Coronis
^^ a little less obscurity por favor, you know... for those of us that didn't get the complete encyclopedia of formula one for our 8th birthday. :hehe:

The Kurtis Kraft, with an Offenhauser engine won the 1950 Indy 500, which was part of the World Championship back then. Next time I shall be more explicit with questions and and answers :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!