FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Celebrate over sixty years of F1 - your memories, experiences and opinions.
By What's Burning?
Ok

Which are the only two drivers to have won a race in F1, NASCAR and an Indianapolis 500?

Mario Andretti, Juan Pablo Montoya.
By spankyham
Mario Andretti and (Racechicks favourite) J P Montoya
By What's Burning?

Beat you to it... although Andretti was a guess for me with his NASCAR win. :hehe:
By spankyham

Beat you to it... although Andretti was a guess for me with his NASCAR win. :hehe:

Good guess then, well done. Gotta wait for Bud to declare it, but I'd start getting my question ready...
By vlad
Let's try a lucky guess:
Villneuve and Montoya? :hehe:
By What's Burning?
Let's go a lighthearted route. :D Can anyone come up with the name of Kimi's dog (the easy part) and how he got it? (the hard part)
By darwin dali
Let's go a lighthearted route. :D Can anyone come up with the name of Kimi's dog (the easy part) and how he got it? (the hard part)

Here are the answers
Go Suomi! 8-)
Sounds like they're saying Ajax. Like Ajax Amsterdam maybe?

Update:
How did your dog get the name Ajax?
KR:
'He was already named Ajax when I bought him from Switzerland. And because we couldn't come up with a better name we left it as it was. '

His second dog is called Peppi - but WB didn't really specify which dog and most website talk about Kimi and his dog Ajax.
By What's Burning?
Ajax indeed, but the other part of the answer... if it's in the video I can't understand it, forgive me. But in particular why did he buy the dog?
By spankyham
Here's my shot - A gift, Jenni his missus??
By What's Burning?
Here's my shot - A gift, Jenni his missus??

Yeap, it was a gift for his wife, when he got married. I ran across that useless piece of information a few year ago reading something where they interviewed his wife!
By darwin dali
Ajax indeed, but the other part of the answer... if it's in the video I can't understand it, forgive me. But in particular why did he buy the dog?

Are you moving the goal posts here? I read your questions as how he got the name Ajax (which I answered), not why he bought the dog. Yeah, was the wedding gift for his wife in 2004.
By What's Burning?

Are you moving the goal posts here? I read your questions as how he got the name Ajax (which I answered), not why he bought the dog. Yeah, was the wedding gift for his wife in 2004.

Semantics... I should have said why he got it instead of how he got it... I will begrudgingly give it to you, but I stress the begrudging. :D You got the easy part of the question, not the hard part of the question!
By darwin dali

Semantics... I should have said why he got it instead of how he got it... I will begrudgingly give it to you, but I stress the begrudging. :D You got the easy part of the question, not the hard part of the question!

Actually the why was so much easier to find, it's plastered all over the internet. The how he got the name I only found ONE reference after extensive searching, so that's much harder... :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!