FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
With the exception of a 1972 Chevy Caprice Classic and every car I've ever owned has gotten me over 30 mpg. I think Hybrids are a wast of effort, a stopgap that's more gimmick to make people feel good than a real long term solution. Give me a 40 mpg diesel instead.

And oh yeah, say out of this thread you non American, what are you doing butting in! :hehe:
The Patriot is nothing like a real Jeep. I drive one at work and while it has no operational problems we know of, it only has 9000 km on it so we don't really know how good it is. What I can say is we're summarily unimpressed with just about everything about it. The interior materials are decidedly cheap looking and feeling. The design of the interior is cheesy. It feels like we're riding in a breadbox. It has a low ceiling. It has a noisy ride. It is slow as molasses. The exterior body panels all resonate with vibration. Knock on one of them and it will echo down the street. The architecture is the Mitsubishi GS variety. Its twin is the Dodge Journey. The smaller Compass/Caliber also use that platform.
Last edited by madbrad on 21 May 11, 19:48, edited 1 time in total.
That's a Chrysler engineer collecting raw materials to make the transmissions from.

See our F1 related articles too!