FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

I'm sure if your employer doesn't want you to attend you will do as your told.
But Lewis was in a bit of a no win situation, had he gone you would have got the usual brigade saying he always gets in the headlines for the wrong reasons. In the end the matter was about Sutil, Lewis had a written statement had he been present or not would not have changed the outcome.
Sutil is a bit harsh on words, but he is also right. You have to help your friends.

Have to agree with you there Vlad but I don't think he is being harsh, just very blunt. Sutil is understandably angry at his supposed friend not helping him out.
This situation sounds really wierd to me. I cant help feeling sympathy for Sutil because the whole thing sounds like an accident. If thats the case what an arse Lux is!! And I would be disappointed if lewis hasnt stood by a friend, but that doesnt sound like Lewis to me.

There is another scenario. Perhaps there was a little intent on Sutil's part, if not to cut, certainly to push Lux, maybe some sort of arguement that rapidly spiralled? If Sutil is asking Lewis to be ecomical with the truth then thats a whole different situation; he's been put in that position before and its no wonder he and Mclaren want to avoid a repeat.

We just dont have the facts. And it is a German newspaper reporting.
This situation sounds really wierd to me. I cant help feeling sympathy for Sutil because the whole thing sounds like an accident. If thats the case what an arse Lux is!! And I would be disappointed if lewis hasnt stood by a friend, but that doesnt sound like Lewis to me.

There is another scenario. Perhaps there was a little intent on Sutil's part, if not to cut, certainly to push Lux, maybe some sort of arguement that rapidly spiralled? If Sutil is asking Lewis to be ecomical with the truth then thats a whole different situation; he's been put in that position before and its no wonder he and Mclaren want to avoid a repeat.

We just dont have the facts. And it is a German newspaper reporting.

+1 :clap:
Sutil really has no class whatsoever.

We just dont have the facts.

Exactly, but in court they do for the most part, and Sutil got convicted. Enough said.

(omg i actually posted in this thread haha)
Sutil is a bit harsh on words, but he is also right. You have to help your friends.

Maybe he was helping him. From what others have said, it was the prosecution that wanted him as a witness, not the defence. So what Hamilton saw could have been fairly damaging for Sutil - so maybe the best thing was for him to say nothing at all, and not turn up.

Maybe Sutil should man up and take account for his actions, instead of mouthing off about how hard done by he is. He stuffed his own career up.

Maybe he was helping him. From what others have said, it was the prosecution that wanted him as a witness, not the defence. So what Hamilton saw could have been fairly damaging for Sutil - so maybe the best thing was for him to say nothing at all, and not turn up.

Maybe Sutil should man up and take account for his actions, instead of mouthing off about how hard done by he is. He stuffed his own career up.

Likely he was expecting his friend to back him up, as friends should do.

But my point is, maybe the only way he could of backed him up was to lie in court. And any friend of mine that asked me to lie in court, isnt a friend I want. So the best Lewis could do is stay away and not drop his friend in it.

But my point is, maybe the only way he could of backed him up was to lie in court. And any friend of mine that asked me to lie in court, isnt a friend I want. So the best Lewis could do is stay away and not drop his friend in it.

Thing is, we don't know if he would have dropped Sutil in it seeing as he kept quiet and has never commented on what happened.

Either way, Sutil was found guilty so there must have been enough witnesses to provide ample evidence for the prosecution.
Went to split it off but it seems there is no dedicated Sutil legal case thread, not recently enough for the search to work anyway (and i'm sure as hell not trawling through all the previous forum pages!).
Went to split it off but it seems there is no dedicated Sutil legal case thread, not recently enough for the search to work anyway (and i'm sure as hell not trawling through all the previous forum pages!).

Don't blame you. I know one existed but this broken search thing is really an inconvenience.

Don't blame you. I know one existed but this broken search thing is really an inconvenience.

Search>type Sutil in the "Search for keywords">click "Topic Titles" only>Search

2nd result > Sutil and Renault employee scuffle?

See our F1 related articles too!