FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

There is a LOST MEMBERS thread for this guys! Goodness me, this forum would be in tatters were it not for me, whipping things into shape! :P:whip:

Beat you to it mate and I was polite about it! :wink:

Ah crap! Well at least I made myself clear! :blush:
In my book, you do whatever you can to help out your friends.

Are you 16? Do you actually live in the real, adult world?

I'm not but you sure sound as if you are.

Loyalty is something that is extremely important to me.

Loyalty is also very important to the mafia.

Omertà :whip::whip:
As for in the bar, I think there was a mass rammy and Sutil was attampting crowd control by using a champagne bottle and ended up clunking Lux with a bottle.

Judging from the quote, it seems the "grievous bodily harm" followed a "discussion" which Hamilton "caused"........ this is what I'm asking about (if anyone knows what actually happened). Its kinda obvious Sutil feels betrayed by Lewis, but this is kinda secondary to the whole Hamilton caused the incident thing...... i mean, one thing is to turn your back on a "grievious assaulter" and another is to do it on an innocent guy who fell into something that you caused......

Sutil has rightly or wrongly been convicted of causing grievous bodily harm, And i feel some sympathy for him, perhaps it was an accident? WE dont know. It sounds as though a near riot was going on. What is indesputable is that the champagne bottle in Sutil's hand went into Lux's neck. Why are we now discussing Lewis as though he were the guilty party? There were lots of drivers there that night. Lewis has said he couldnt really see what happenned.But what if he had information that would be detrimental to Sutil's case? (he was called by prosecution not defence) In that case staying away was the most helpful thing he could have done. We dont know what actually happened but lets not act like Lewis is the guilty party here. And this before the season has even started :rolleyes:

But that's what I mean... on the Sutil's father quote, HE mentions Lewis caused the discussion, so its not a matter of who the guilty party is. So basically, the curiosity is regarding what actually happened... if there was some kind of big rumble, should the incident not been an ACCIDENT?? or were Sutil and Lux actually fighting/arguing amongst themselves with Sutil even remotely causing intentional harm to Lux??

That's why i'm curious as to what really went on...
So you're all claiming Lewis started it now? Arrrrgh Typical Alonso/Ferrari fans :yawn:

I guess Lewis had puppet strings on Sutil and made him do it too, He is the evil one who robbed Alonso of his 3rd title in a row right? :banghead:

Unfortunately, I dont think you will find out the Truth - not for a long time anyway, and only a biased view of it.

I think its best you go have a hot cup of tea, and try to forget all about it. It will be easier that way. :coffee:

Ding. Exactly.

If a friend messed up with the law, I have no reason whatsoever to back him up. He/she is an adult, and must deal with the responsibilities.

And for the record, I'm 40.

Unfortunately, I dont think you will find out the Truth - not for a long time anyway, and only a biased view of it.

I think its best you go have a hot cup of tea, and try to forget all about it. It will be easier that way. :coffee:

Could be sooner than you think: AS's F1 career seems over, so what better time than now to write his memoirs? :P

Ding. Exactly.

If a friend messed up with the law, I have no reason whatsoever to back him up. He/she is an adult, and must deal with the responsibilities.

Your age is an irrelevant. If a friend asked me to help them out I would do so regardless of the circumstances.
Andrew has a point. I value my friends incredibly, they're very precious to me. I like to think I'm incredibly loyal to them, and would do my very best to help them out in all situations.

People point out mafia and criminals... situations like this can be avoided if you choose your friends well in the first place.
But in the world of F1 where you're paid millions of Euros by the team if they make you do something you have to do it.
They didn't want focus taken away from the teams launch they didn't want any distractions for the media to jump on because we all know Lewis gets picked on the most!

Again Andrew, Lewis gave a written statement which was fairly vague considering he would have seen everything. That in itself is not going to hurt Sutil. If Lewis said exactly what happened it would have. Whether he was in court or not would have made no difference to Sutils sentence.

Ding. Exactly.

Your age is an irrelevant. If a friend asked me to help them out I would do so regardless of the circumstances.

Maybe you could get this through your thick skull: Sometimes, you could be in a position where HELPING a friend is only going to make things WORSE for your friend and yourself.:)

Ever considered that scenario? It happens more than you think, and it is exactly what happened in this Sutil incident. Otherwise, there is absolutely no reason for McLaren to jump in and tell Lewis to STFU. This wasn't fully Lewis' decision.

Ding. Exactly.

Maybe you could get this through your thick skull: Sometimes, you could be in a position where HELPING a friend is only going to make things WORSE for your friend and yourself.:)

Maybe you should refrain from insults and I might read your responses beyond the first line.

See our F1 related articles too!