FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By acosmichippo
But Seb passed him before either pitted. And you can't blame it on the tires as Lewis started in tires in as-good or better condition as Seb's.
By billindenver
Sure, it's easy to say that Vettel's performance is all car. But if that is true...where is his team mate? Why are the two McLarens beating Webber in points if the Red Bull is as dominant a car as the McLaren team would have us think? I don't think anyone would say that Webber doesn't have the skills. This past race alone would put paid to that claim. Vettel's skills are simply superior to his team mate. Vettel also passed the McLaren #1 driver on track this past race with both of them on equal tires. It's pretty ridiculous to claim its all car at this point.

I do think the Senna comparisons are as ridiculous with Vettel as they were when Hamilton seemed to mention Senna in every interview, but at least its not Vettel making the comparison himself. This year he seems less teenage like and more level headed but then so does Hamilton. It's going to be an interesting year. Which one screws up first and how often? Will Webber keep it together? Can Button get find the throttle? Will Ferrari show up at all?

So far I've enjoyed every race and I can't remember the last year that was true.
By Robert12010
Sure, it's easy to say that Vettel's performance is all car. But if that is true...where is his team mate? Why are the two McLarens beating Webber in points if the Red Bull is as dominant a car as the McLaren team would have us think? I don't think anyone would say that Webber doesn't have the skills. This past race alone would put paid to that claim. Vettel's skills are simply superior to his team mate. Vettel also passed the McLaren #1 driver on track this past race with both of them on equal tires. It's pretty ridiculous to claim its all car at this point.

I do think the Senna comparisons are as ridiculous with Vettel as they were when Hamilton seemed to mention Senna in every interview, but at least its not Vettel making the comparison himself. This year he seems less teenage like and more level headed but then so does Hamilton. It's going to be an interesting year. Which one screws up first and how often? Will Webber keep it together? Can Button get find the throttle? Will Ferrari show up at all?

So far I've enjoyed every race and I can't remember the last year that was true.

crickey your bashing lewis whats going on? :wink::hehe:
By billindenver

Seriously? You think that post was bashing Lewis? Jesus, being a bit thin skinned there don't you think? Sensitive little tike...
By What's Burning?

This is actually (and almost refreshingly) a complimentary post by Bill's standards. :yes:
By darwin dali

This is actually (and almost refreshingly) a complimentary post by Bill's standards. :yes:

:yes::yikes::yes:
What's wrong with you Billy? Are you ill? :P
By Robert12010

:yes::yikes::yes:
What's wrong with you Billy? Are you ill? :P

sorry i was meant to say not basing lewis oops sorry bill :P:hehe:
By billindenver
Fair enough Robert. :)

While clearly Hamilton is not my favorite driver, I still give credit where it is due. Since the departure of his father, he seems to keep improving his self control. His on track antics have vastly diminished and his interview respect for other drivers has greatly improved.

His fans....on the other hand. Still as rude in this forum as ever and I admit to setting them off intentionally from time to time. It's what this forum seems to be about. For the majority of the off season I laid off the Hamilton jabs. Let the fire die as requested by the mods. But then the mods themselves kicked it back up again with personal attacks. I was confused. But, in a conversation with DD, he said that the board management doesn't have a problem with the name calling and rude remarks despite what is said publicly, and that this board has that sort of dynamic. It's guys being guys, sometimes pretending to be girls, but always talking trash and insulting one another. DD himself even gets in on the action. So I play along as requested, happy to tweak the hamster fans on occasion, even if the Hamster himself is no longer such a twat.

Of course I'm using a very broad brush above and clearly there are only a half dozen or so fans that I'm referring to. Probably should have said Hamilton fanboy club in place of fans, but the more level headed fans know what I mean about the rabid few.

Back on topic though, I was actually hoping for that second place car to pass Vettel last race...and uttered a stifled cheer when he did. Dominance is bad for the sport. I admit though, I cheered louder when Vettel passed Hamilton and shook my head in disbelief when Buttons GPS got him lost in the pit lane. I can only think of one pit lane driver's mistake that was more ridiculous...lol, I have to do it! A tribute to the good ole days!

Last edited by billindenver on 23 Apr 11, 16:03, edited 2 times in total.
By FRAFPDD
Great post billindenver :clap::thumbup:
By Robert12010

While clearly Hamilton is not my favorite driver, I still give credit where it is due. Since the departure of his father, he seems to keep improving his self control. His on track antics have vastly diminished and his interview respect for other drivers has greatly improved.

His fans....on the other hand. Still as rude in this forum as ever and I admit to setting them off intentionally from time to time. It's what this forum seems to be about. For the majority of the off season I laid off the Hamilton jabs. Let the fire die as requested by the mods. But then the mods themselves kicked it back up again with personal attacks. I was confused. But, in a conversation with DD, he said that the board management doesn't have a problem with the name calling and rude remarks despite what is said publicly, and that this board has that sort of dynamic. It's guys being guys, sometimes pretending to be girls, but always talking trash and insulting one another. DD himself even gets in on the action. So I play along as requested, happy to tweak the hamster fans on occasion, even if the Hamster himself is no longer such a twat.

Of course I'm using a very broad brush above and clearly there are only a half dozen or so fans that I'm referring to. Probably should have said Hamilton fanboy club in place of fans, but the more level headed fans know what I mean about the rabid few.

Back on topic though, I was actually hoping for that second place car to pass Vettel last race...and uttered a stifled cheer when he did. Dominance is bad for the sport. I admit though, I cheered louder when Vettel passed Hamilton and shook my head in disbelief when Buttons GPS got him lost in the pit lane. I can only think of one pit lane driver's mistake that was more ridiculous...lol, I have to do it! A tribute to the good ole days!

its a fair point :)
By Robert12010

I dont really want to laugh cause it took button out but yeah :hehe:
By What's Burning?

billindenver has been issued a warning for * Personal insults, including derogatory names of F1 drivers.

See our F1 related articles too!