FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Hammer278
It really looks like he's got his form back. But he needs to keep this up, and make use of Vettel's confused period (not knowing which exhaust to use lol) to gain a good lead and make the little nerd sweat a bit. :hehe:

Yeah!! I think losing the wdc in 2010 and then getting thoroughly stomped last year is really going to benefit him in a sense. I mean this in the fact that he's probably just like "blah, :censored: it, just gonna roll around the track for an hour and a half and see what happens" or "it can't be as bad as last season, so :censored: it." haha maybe he can be a little more relaxed during the races this year and just let his instincts do the work without worrying about points and championships and all that stuff because of this.

Not that this is any comparison, but I noticed back when I was playing DiRT online and taking it very serious, I would race my best if I made a mistake early in the stage, because after that I'm thinking, "bah well I'm in X place, can't get much worse, just gonna try some ballsy sh*t and see where it takes me" so I no longer had any apprehension or nervousness because I'd already :censored: up

Makes a lot of sense. I think he's mentally at the right place now, compared to last year I think he started the season thinking its a MUST win WDC and wasn't his usual self which caused him all sorts of problems. This year he's probably all 'f**k it I'm rich, lets just race for fun', and he's doing much better. :hehe:

:rofl: Brilliant picture!

I love Mark so much, especially in interviews. When he was describing that moment, I couldn't help but grin :hehe:

Yeah. his personality of track is what I like most about him. To be honest when I saw that incident, I thought it was the end of his race. They built that Redbull strong alright.
By LewEngBridewell

I love Mark so much, especially in interviews. When he was describing that moment, I couldn't help but grin :hehe:

Yeah. his personality of track is what I like most about him. To be honest when I saw that incident, I thought it was the end of his race. They built that Redbull strong alright.

:yes:

I expected it to have the same race-ending outcome as Vitaly Petrov's accident at Sepang last season. Although I think Petrov went somewhat higher into the air... :hehe:
By What's Burning?

Gaaad dammit we get none of those interviews here stateside. Anyway, it's actually sad and funny at the same time that this thread was completely inactive for an entire year.
By Hammer278

Gaaad dammit we get none of those interviews here stateside. Anyway, it's actually sad and funny at the same time that this thread was completely inactive for an entire year.

There was not much to be proud of last year for the Webber thread to be featured... :wink:
By killem2
I like webber. He's a funny guy. I don't want him to win it this year but, I wouldn't be sad if he did. :P
By geetface9

I second all this :P

And yup there wasn't too much to say about it last year...mclaren, ferrari, and webber fans all just had to put their heads down and take it up the :censored: all season :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:
By McLaren
It's been a great start from red bulls number one driver :thumbup: Keep it up ,beat the flustered number two driver :wink:
By What's Burning?
It's been a great start from red bulls number one driver :thumbup: Keep it up ,beat the flustered number two driver :wink:

The dynamics in that team currently have to be very stressed. I'm thinking that towards the end of this year, we'll just find out that Vettel is having troubles with his girlfriend.
By geetface9

The dynamics in that team currently have to be very stressed. I'm thinking that towards the end of this year, we'll just find out that Vettel is having troubles with his girlfriend.

fixed :twisted:

:hehe:

No, fixed NOW! DD
By f1ea
Helmut Marko:
"Mark is less sensitive to the [car's] behaviour. He just needs four wheels, but it's different for Vettel."

hehehe basically... Mark has a good set of balls. :drink:
By vlad
No, he just isn't that sensitive with the setting.
By vaptin
I think this does show very well how variable driver ability is.

It depends on confidence, car characteristics, track conditions etc.
By What's Burning?
Was kind of waiting for that topic to pop up. Vettel fans have been very quiet of late but it's a clear indication of how critical it is to have a car that you're comfortable with underneath you. IMO comfort equals confidence, confidence equals speed. It's possible that the dominance we saw Vettel have over Webber last year had everything to do with the fact that Vettel was more comfortable in last years car, while Webber is more comfortable in this year's car. It's way too early to form any kind of opinion, but it's been an interesting development.
By darwin dali
Helmut Marko:
"Mark is less sensitive to the [car's] behaviour. He just needs four wheels, but it's different for Vettel."

Like these? :hehe:
By andrew
Helmut Marko:

Like these? :hehe:

Life lesson No. 7629 - Never hitch up a trailer naked. :yellowyikes:

See our F1 related articles too!