FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By bud
Still can't do enough to please sections of the Australian sports media, no matter how well he drives. Tall Poppy Syndrome strikes again. :banghead:

Care to explain? Someone putting him down? over here the only reports i heard on the news and radio were his great drive from P18 to podium.

Usual people on Fox sports and ESPN panel shows like PTI and The Back Page, who generally have no idea.

I love it when you get football experts talking about motorsports. thats usually the case, i never give them the time of day when they talk about it.
By Frontrunner
Still can't do enough to please sections of the Australian sports media, no matter how well he drives. Tall Poppy Syndrome strikes again. :banghead:

Care to explain? Someone putting him down? over here the only reports i heard on the news and radio were his great drive from P18 to podium.

Usual people on Fox sports and ESPN panel shows like PTI and The Back Page, who generally have no idea.

I love it when you get football experts talking about motorsports. thats usually the case, i never give them the time of day when they talk about it.

Someone like Sam Kekovich I guess, never has nothing good to say about aussie Mark when talking about F1. Stick to footy Sam!
By Herbs

Someone like Sam Kekovich I guess, never has nothing good to say about aussie Mark when talking about F1. Stick to footy Sam!

The other bloke on PTI (Russell Barwick) is worse, as he has NFI about sport in general. Can I be paid good money to be a dumbarse?
By geetface9
I feel your pain. I was watching the rally racing at the X games last year and the moron commentator made a comment about nascar.......I facepalmed so hard :vomit:
By billindenver
Well I hope this past race was a sign of Webber finding his stride. It would be nice to see him make a run for the front. I'm also hoping those red cars discover how to disengage the parking brake. A multi-team rush for the front would be excellent with the new found overtaking.
By geetface9
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM Webber has laid the smack down on vettel so far this year. Granted, vettel would have finished higher in malaysia without the karthikeyan run in, and did a good job getting as far up as 2nd place during the race this weekend. Webber has outqualified vettel at all three races so far. Do you think webber is back on form a bit or that vettel is just having issues without the EBD?? I think a mix of both!!
By LewEngBridewell
Bloody hell, it's been almost a year since this thread was last used! :hehe:

Good old Mark is having a decent season this year. I hope it continues! 8-)
By geetface9
Bloody hell, it's been almost a year since this thread was last used! :hehe:

Good old Mark is having a decent season this year. I hope it continues! 8-)

Wow I didn't notice!! I should have waited four days and posted at the exact same time as last year just to trip people out :rofl: Hopefully he can grab another win or two this year. It's looking to be quite the challenge even for vettel. I'd LOVE to see webber beat vettel to the punch if red bull can get some victories this year!!
By Hammer278
It really looks like he's got his form back. But he needs to keep this up, and make use of Vettel's confused period (not knowing which exhaust to use lol) to gain a good lead and make the little nerd sweat a bit. :hehe:
By geetface9
It really looks like he's got his form back. But he needs to keep this up, and make use of Vettel's confused period (not knowing which exhaust to use lol) to gain a good lead and make the little nerd sweat a bit. :hehe:

Yeah!! I think losing the wdc in 2010 and then getting thoroughly stomped last year is really going to benefit him in a sense. I mean this in the fact that he's probably just like "blah, :censored: it, just gonna roll around the track for an hour and a half and see what happens" or "it can't be as bad as last season, so :censored: it." haha maybe he can be a little more relaxed during the races this year and just let his instincts do the work without worrying about points and championships and all that stuff because of this.

Not that this is any comparison, but I noticed back when I was playing DiRT online and taking it very serious, I would race my best if I made a mistake early in the stage, because after that I'm thinking, "bah well I'm in X place, can't get much worse, just gonna try some ballsy sh*t and see where it takes me" so I no longer had any apprehension or nervousness because I'd already :censored: up
By LewEngBridewell
:rofl: Brilliant picture!

I love Mark so much, especially in interviews. When he was describing that moment, I couldn't help but grin :hehe:

See our F1 related articles too!