FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

By Four mules as one
The last 20 twenty laps was just making me think of Mansell hounding down Piquet at Silverstone. It was either 86 or 87. Wish he had of got passed Seb for championship thrills though. Just love it when Mark gets in those aggressive drives. Very similar to Nurburgring 2009, Britain, 2010 and Hungary 2010.
By vlad
Let's put some oil to the fire! Vettel is better!
By What's Burning?
Forgets to put on his running shoes for qualy then blitzes the field in the race. Is this guy Jekyll and Hyde? :) Great entertainment, though. How much was due to having all those pristine tyres and how much was due to getting mad - in a controlled way?

Not bad for a Number 2! :clap:

I'm sure he felt It would have been so much sweeter had he passed Vettel. :twisted:
By What's Burning?
He was a man amongst boys and I thought it was Senna driving that car.

Sorry to break this to you but Ayrton Senna, today, on a bad tire strategy would have just been one of the "boys".

Let's put some oil to the fire!

Why would you want to lubricate fire? :hehe:
By billindenver
I'm happy for Webber. He was the class of the field yesterday and it was good to see him make the podium. Unfortunately, that's not his normal drive. I hope he puts together a string of them though...to make the championship interesting. Vettel seems pretty level headed this year, which will be difficult to beat if Newey can keep their car out front. I believe McLaren will step on their junk at some point to take themselves out and Ferrari will dump $500M into the car to catch up.

The racing this year has been far better than the last few though....sure, it's artificially created passing, but at least thus far it hasn't been as boring as Nascar's draft till the last lap craziness. I am liking the new tires and rear wing. Back on Topic, great drive Webber mate!
By F1er

Better at what? Winning from pole in clean air?
Vettel can't even dream doing what Mark did.
By F1er
He was a man amongst boys and I thought it was Senna driving that car.

Sorry to break this to you but Ayrton Senna, today, on a bad tire strategy would have just been one of the "boys".
:

Webber had 3 sets of fresh rubber and was not on a bad strategy,just on a bad grid position at the start,so I dunno what you mean.
By texasmr2
Webbers drive through the grid was amazing so kudo's to him.
By vaptin

This keeps coming up, Vettel's so good at qualifying, it seems rare that he needs to. So there isn't a lot of evidence to go on, admittedly his moves on Button and Webber last year at Spa and Turkey respectively were f-ups, but not representative of making your way throught the pack.

Taking into account the situation with tyres, kers and DRS I think its only fair to compare within this season with drivers making their way through the field.
By F1er

This keeps coming up, Vettel's so good at qualifying, it seems rare that he needs to. So there isn't a lot of evidence to go on, admittedly his moves on Button and Webber last year at Spa and Turkey respectively were f-ups, but not representative of making your way throught the pack.

Taking into account the situation with tyres, kers and DRS I think its only fair to compare within this season with drivers making their way through the field.

My point is a lot of drivers can do what Seb does,maybe not as good but still.
What Lewis has done throughout his short career,and Alonso as well even tho he's been in F1 for ten years,Vettel hasn't shown.
Yesterday was a perfect example,after losing 1st on the start he was close to Lewis but never challenged,even on a faster car. Now if that was Lewis in the RB7 he would have been on a full on attack.
It just seems to me that Vettel's races are fully run from pitwall,and he looks like a puppet waiting for someone to tell him what to do when he's not leading.
By F1er
I never heard Webber on the radio,only other teams warning their drivers of him. :hehe:

He put his [attack mode] on,his [tunnel vision] visor on,and the rest is history.

Vettel looked very surprised to see Mark on the podium :wink:
By texasmr2

I saw a cheeky grin/expression from Webber not having Vettel on the top podium spot aswell :thumbup: !!
By CarBore

I saw a cheeky grin/expression from Webber not having Vettel on the top podium spot aswell :thumbup: !!

Cheeky grin? He said in the press conference it was good to have someone besides Seb up there! :rofl:
By F1er

It was one of those; I only started 17 spots behind you,but look at me now :whip:

I'm starting to like all kinds of drivers this season :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!