FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss your own car, automotive news and latest supercar launches.
Gas prices have always been higher in Europe compared to US gas prices as far as I know? Only thing I know is I'm paying about $1.30 more per gallon now than I was not even 6 months ago and it hurts.
With gas prices in the direction they are going I'd love to have a VW polo now LOL.

Gas prices are cheap in the US compared to the Europe, it's currently just over $3 per gallon here in Kansas as opposed to £1.33 per litre in the UK right now, there's 3.7 litres to a gallon!

Jesus... that is ridculous! The equivalent of nearly $8 per gallon for us. 50p a litre for you guys in the states :eek: No wonder you all drive round big gas guzzling V8 trucks without issue... :hehe::twisted:
Gas prices have always been higher in Europe compared to US gas prices as far as I know? Only thing I know is I'm paying about $1.30 more per gallon now than I was not even 6 months ago and it hurts.

Tell me about it; and this war in Libya hasn't helped pushing up prices further. When I arrived in the US some 2 1/2 years ago; gas prices were $1.30 per gallon, so it's more than doubled in that time; although I say to people who complain about it here; "be thankful you don't live in Europe; you'd be paying $8+ per gallon." suddenly they all go quiet!

No wonder you all drive round big gas guzzling V8 trucks without issue... :hehe::twisted:

Actually, more and more Americans are starting to move towards more economical Euro/Japanese cars; even the US manufacturers are churning out sub 2-litre L4's now.
No wonder you all drive round big gas guzzling V8 trucks without issue... :hehe::twisted:

Actually, more and more Americans are starting to move towards more economical Euro/Japanese cars; even the US manufacturers are churning out sub 2-litre L4's now.

All they need to do is make the economical cars big enough for our big fat asses and more of them will sell.
With gas prices in the direction they are going I'd love to have a VW polo now LOL.

Gas prices are cheap in the US compared to the Europe, it's currently just over $3 per gallon here in Kansas as opposed to £1.33 per litre in the UK right now, there's 3.7 litres to a gallon!

Closing in on the $4 mark over here - hope it'll go up to $6 or somtin' so that Americans finally hear the wake-up call...
Sell the V10 and Burn the Prius and get this
Porche 918

98mpg!

At the NAIAS 2011, Porsche unveiled the RSR racing variant of the 918 Spyder. Instead of being a plug-in hybrid, the RSR is powered by a 563 horsepower gasoline V8 engine driving the rear wheels, with dual electric motors driving the front. Power to the electric motors is provided by a flywheel accumulator KERS system :yikes: that sits beside the driver in the passenger compartment and boosts the total power to 767 horsepower for up to eight seconds :eek: when fully charged.

Who says F1 doesn't have applications in the real world? :wink:

See our F1 related articles too!