FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Discuss GP2, A1, Rallying, Indycar, Nascar and all other racing series!
By scotty
I actually felt sorry for Plato after race 3.... but only briefly. Getting so sick of drivers moaning about the NGTC cars having an advantage - if teams want to run their cars under the slower outdated S2000 rules it's their problem. I mean, the mind truly boggles to see some of these complaints being banded around given the situation.

Knockhill is always entertaining though! :thumbup:
By andrew
Are ITV showing race highlights again this year?

Can't remember when I last watched a touring car race but the series was a shaddow of what it once was so I gave up. Might give it another go. Come to think of it, I think last time I watched, Matt Neal was in a privateer Primera and was taking on the big boys, Laurent Aiello came, saw, conquered and promtly shuffled off to his next series and the Laguna bumpers kept falling off so they decided to paint "OUCH" is big letters behind the bumpers. Truly the halcyon days of BTCC. :cloud9:
By scotty
That was 12 years ago... :hehe: I think it's more entertaining racing now even if the cars aren't quite as brilliant.

Highlights should appear at some stage but it depends when ITV shown em themselves. I'd give it a couple of days...
By Selcouth_Feline
That was 12 years ago... :hehe: I think it's more entertaining racing now even if the cars aren't quite as brilliant.

Highlights should appear at some stage but it depends when ITV shown em themselves. I'd give it a couple of days...

You need to watch the day if only for the Ginetta Juniors. My OH and I have nicknamed their races the Races of Fail because there's such a large range of ability, there's always silly moments :)

I can see Plato's point over the speeds though - the speed differential was ridiculous. I'm surprised Boardman didn't get penalised for one of the restarts when he virtually stopped on one of the corners causing complete carnage behind - I'm sure I've seen people penalised in the past for similar things, but maybe they've changed the rules... I don't really keep up to date on the technical side of things. Was a very entertaining day of racing :)
By Ballsy

You need to watch the day if only for the Ginetta Juniors. My OH and I have nicknamed their races the Races of Fail because there's such a large range of ability, there's always silly moments :)

I can see Plato's point over the speeds though - the speed differential was ridiculous. I'm surprised Boardman didn't get penalised for one of the restarts when he virtually stopped on one of the corners causing complete carnage behind - I'm sure I've seen people penalised in the past for similar things, but maybe they've changed the rules... I don't really keep up to date on the technical side of things. Was a very entertaining day of racing :)

I was standing watching that restart from the hairpin, was like a crash you'd see at a roundabout, a 4 car pile up lol!! He should have backed the back up from Clark's but it was like he didn't know the safety car was comming in that lap
By scotty
Reminded me of the Chinese GP last year...
By LewEngBridewell
Guys, what channel is BTCC shown on these days? I fell out of touch with the series a couple of years back, and I must say I miss it very much. :(
By scotty
ITV4... as it says in quite a large sign on the btcc site main page... :P
By LewEngBridewell
ITV4... as it says in quite a large sign on the btcc site main page... :P

Thanks mate. :thumbup: I didn't check the website, I posted the question as soon as it came to mind :hehe:
By LewEngBridewell
It begins today! ITV4, in less than 10 minutes! :thumbup:
By Selcouth_Feline
It begins today! ITV4, in less than 10 minutes! :thumbup:

And lots of action :clap: Loved the way the marshals tried to pull someone's car out of the gravel only to pull their front bumper off... doh!
By LRW
was there today, some excellent action. Cant wait to watch highlights....

:D
By LewEngBridewell
I managed to catch the first race! Chaos! Oh, I love BTCC racing! :cloud9:
By scotty
Race 3 was the proper chaos :hehe:
By Melon Smasher
i loved it, so glad its back

Race 3 was the proper chaos :hehe:

i know right! i was not expecting that to happen, 7 or 8 cars just flying off the track

See our F1 related articles too!