FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By Stephen
They're probably still going on with the whole 'Hamilton can cope with media attention' rubbish. As I understand, Hamilton is key to ITVs strategy to boost viewing figures. Trouble is, not everyone cares about the newbie, so their plans are mere suicide! I suppose such news stories are to keep us all interested during the 4 week lull, keeping the interest alive...or not!!
By diesel
what a waste of 5mins watching that was. same old balls that they talk about each GP Weekend.
Only good think was you were able to get a peek at McLarens Trophy walk
By darwin dali
They're probably still going on with the whole 'Hamilton can cope with media attention' rubbish. As I understand, Hamilton is key to ITVs strategy to boost viewing figures. Trouble is, not everyone cares about the newbie, so their plans are mere suicide! I suppose such news stories are to keep us all interested during the 4 week lull, keeping the interest alive...or not!!

You forget the following: your ITV has the fans already in the pocket with their virtual monopoly on broadcasting the races. The few 'fans' who get turned off by LH this and LH that and actually stop watching the races were probably not real fans in the first place (you could always turn off the sound for that matter). However, with their strategy of attracting new blood, probably younger and/or more female, they'll make more money with the commercials and who knows whether down the road that will be for the benefit of F1 viewers...
By Jens
Actually, I'd suggest just using their pictures and Radio 5's sound. It's not perfect, but it's far better.
By diesel
does eurosport not broadcast F1 live?
By Jens
No, ITV has an exclusive deal on the rights to UK TV broadcast
By 7UpJordan
No, ITV has an exclusive deal on the rights to UK TV broadcast

I miss the old BBC coverage, especially the theme tune when they used "The Chain" by Fleetwood Mac.
By Jens
Careful before long we'll eb singing an F1-Themed rendition of "Those were the days"
By 7UpJordan
Careful before long we'll eb singing an F1-Themed rendition of "Those were the days"

Ahh yes, those were the days when....

:P
By deMuRe
Actually, I'd suggest just using their pictures and Radio 5's sound. It's not perfect, but it's far better.

That's what I did a lot of the time when James Allen was being extra frisky... He made my left eyelid twitch...
By welshie

That's what I did a lot of the time when James Allen was being extra frisky... He made my left eyelid twitch...

Haha good stuff :lol:
By Jens

You too? I thought it was just me
By Jens
No interview for Jensen, then?

...Who..? You mean those Sports Car makers? They're out of business mate.

See our F1 related articles too!