FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

Formula One related discussion.
By bmwpower
Toyota Boss John Howett said that Heidfeld is overrated and that he doesn't belong in any higher then the "upper midfield" of Formula One. He also said that Toyota is not better of with Nick but with Ralf, this comes from a guy that runs one of best financially secured team for almost six years...and zero wins.
By Marco
Underrated in my opinion, he completely trounced Alonso in the last race. And the McLaren is better than the BMW.

The Toyota Boss John Howett doesn't yet know what talent is, afterall he does employ two of the most mediocre drivers in the sport.
By manmonkee
Oh no we should all listen to Toyota, famous for there driver selection, This is a team that found the 2 dodgiest drivers around and pays them extrodinary salleries to bumble about the track in a half Arsed way.
Toyota saying they wouldn't want you is a Bleed'in Compliment!!!!!!!!!!.
By Stephen
Oh no we should all listen to Toyota, famous for there driver selection, This is a team that found the 2 dodgiest drivers around and pays them extrodinary salleries to bumble about the track in a half Arsed way.
Toyota saying they wouldn't want you is a Bleed'in Compliment!!!!!!!!!!.

Perhaps Toyota are bidding for Heidfeld next season, and don't want to pay him what his manager is demanding. But it's more likely just sour grapes from Toyota, lets not forget there's more than just ontrack rivalry between these two car giants.
By 7UpJordan
As the late James Hunt famously commented live during a commentary for the 1989 Monaco GP when Murray Walker talked about why Rene Arnoux was driving slow, that is absolute BULLS***!!!

Toyota are just jealous because they're such a stagnant team who can't even be bothered to even make the car look different every year and sign mediocre drivers!! Toyota's works team reminds me of English Premier League side Middlesbrough, same colours, and both teams are STAGNANT and love doing things boringly and signing mediocre players/drivers despite the masses of money.
By Stephen
So they have the budget, but what does Toyota have to change to be successful?
By darwin dali
But it's more likely just sour grapes from Toyota, lets not forget there's more than just ontrack rivalry between these two car giants.

Well, I don't know about this one. Toyota just overtook GM as the world's biggest carmaker. BMW is no competition for Toyota except for the Lexus outfit. And I would suggest that the majority of the public doesn't even make the connection between Lexus and Toyota. Were you referring to something else?
By Jens
If I was in charge of Toyota I'd be offering Quick Nick the world to drive for my team.

Heck, if I had to put together a driver pairing without spending 40Mil, I'd pair Nick and Jens. Something I intend to do in an F1 mod for GPRM if it ever actually comes out >_>
By 7UpJordan
I wouldn't drive for the Toyota works team even if they offered me all the money in the world, but I would drive for their current engine customers for absolutely free. :)
By vegas
I just dont get it, how does a team like Toyota with all there resources and enormous budget not win a single race? They are the biggest Team in F1 by far. How long will they stay in F1 you suppose?
By Jens
I'll tell you why: They design the same car every year. They need to learn that the design ideals they've been using DO NOT WORK
By 7UpJordan
I'll tell you why: They design the same car every year. They need to learn that the design ideals they've been using DO NOT WORK

The only thing that's changed about their car since they first entered the sport in 2002 is the car numbers and the drivers.
By darwin dali
Maybe it's a communication problem:

[]a team of an incredible 32 nationalities, united in their passion to succeed.

Variety, they say, is the spice of life but for Toyota, each individual brings unique skills and the exotic mix of nationalities adds a wealth of different experience and viewpoints which enhance the team’s potential.

“We are a very multi-national team so this creates challenges but all of us find it refreshing,” says Team President John Howett.
By madbrad
I wouldn't drive for the Toyota works team even if they offered me all the money in the world, but I would drive for their current engine customers for absolutely free. :)

That's about what they'd offer.
By Jens

That's about what they'd offer.

Open BURN

Seriously though, it's probably true. There's only one person Frank would offer decent money to and we all know who that is

See our F1 related articles too!