FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
I'm sort of hoping this is true as the irony made me smile

Ubisoft has been accused of downloading a torrented version of its own Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood soundtrack and then re-selling it as part of the Digital Deluxe Edition of the game on PC.

The evidence comes from a user on Reddit, who noticed that the Digital Deluxe Edition soundtrack was encoded by "arsa13" - the same alias linked to illegal rips of the Collector's Edition soundtrack.

This poses a delicious question: is Ubisoft now guilty of piracy?
I does beg the question; WHY? if they own the soundtrack, why download it from a torrent? that simply defies logic! :confused:
By Jamie
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what dumb :censored::rofl:
I think technically it isn't piracy.

I mean, if you wrote a song, put it on itunes, and then downloaded it without paying for it. Its' hardly piracy if your downloading something you already own. In the same way that using emulators to play classic games on your computer isn't piracy if you own those games in physical form.
I does beg the question; WHY? if they own the soundtrack, why download it from a torrent? that simply defies logic! :confused:

It happens. Capcom once embarrassed themselves by re-releasing Okami on the Wii with a telltale sign of where they'd sourced the Art for the new cover:

It had an IGN watermark.
By Jamie
What is going on, they go to uni to a degree in all the techo and they copy there own stuff? Didn't they have it on back up :irked:

Here is a tip,
USB Pen! :thumbup:

See our F1 related articles too!