FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Jamie
CITY VILLE,

I am currently playing this game and am wondering if anybody here is playing it :-)

Any decnet tips of hacks?
By What's Burning?
I don't play, but since you mention hacks... don't you feel as if they completely degrade the overall experience of actual achievement in a community based game?
By Jensonb
CITY VILLE,

I am currently playing this game and am wondering if anybody here is playing it :-)

I'm only going to say this once.

Nobody should be giving Zynga their time, or their money. They are unreservedly evil.
By What's Burning?
CITY VILLE,

Nobody should be giving Zynga their time, or their money. They are unreservedly evil.

Care to elaborate?

Just to stay on topic, does that mean you don't play the game?
By Jensonb
CITY VILLE,

Care to elaborate?

Don't play that, or any of their games. Zynga's entire operation is built around scamming money out of people using social conditioning and manipulation. On top of which, their games aren't exactly the peak of creativity. And if memory serves, there's been ellegations of plagiarism against some of them.
By What's Burning?
CITY VILLE,

Care to elaborate?

Don't play that, or any of their games. Zynga's entire operation is built around scamming money out of people using social conditioning and manipulation. On top of which, their games aren't exactly the peak of creativity. And if memory serves, there's been ellegations of plagiarism against some of them.

Well, that's the point of my general question to VB... in the end, to each his own, but for me paying actual cash in order to gain resources in a virtual game, sort of defeats the purpose (and I would say true joy) of said game.

The way you put it, they're not being evil, just a scam that people with more money than brains or time will bite.
By Jamie
I haven't paid a penny....So please don't bring me into the moron circle. But then again that means Playstation is evil for the 'Home' experience, where you have to pay to get clothes etc. Yes? :confused:
By What's Burning?
I haven't paid a penny....So please don't bring me into the moron circle. But then again that means Playstation is evil for the 'Home' experience, where you have to pay to get clothes etc. Yes? :confused:

I didn't bring you into the moron circle... :D My question to you was more about the hack than the money. But they're both just as deflating to the game experience in my opinion.
By Jamie
Ohhh yeah I know. I like playing but com'on? Cheating on the sims is amazing!! a trillionaire I am :D
By texasmr2
Yeah Zynga will try to scam you out of money but not me :nono::hehe: . FamnVille for me is just something to pass the time with and I have no desire to play City Ville.
By Jamie
Yeah same here, I like to play about but I do not spend money init? No point, You can do it the normal way...I think I once bought a cool t-shirt in PSN 'Home' and that was it...But then again I play PS3 all the time.
By Selcouth_Feline
The way you put it, they're not being evil, just a scam that people with more money than brains or time will bite.

It's not even really a scam though is it? How many computer games these days make you pay for extra DLC (Battlefield, the Fallout series etc) - it's the same principle.

Woebetide any company who wants to - shock horror - actually make money...
By What's Burning?

It's not even really a scam though is it? How many computer games these days make you pay for extra DLC (Battlefield, the Fallout series etc) - it's the same principle.

Woebedtide any company who wants to - shock horror - actually make money...

No argument from me there. It all depends on how many copies for a game are sold, and other ways for them to make money. As long as you don't *need* money to actually get a certain aspect of the game completed. In other words, nothing that playing time or skill wouldn't be able to also net you.

I was playing Team Fortress 2... a phenomenal game and I loved it, but I hadn't played it in a while, I went back and now they have items that can be purchased. I don't blame them, but then again it really does skew the game for the casual or infrequent player, since now you can be overpowered by someone with cash and out skilled by a 13 year old with lighting quick reflexes. LOL
By Jamie
WOW is a multi billion dollar game that guess what? Charges you, even Face book charges you for things!!!! how do you think these men make money!!! there not going it for donations. I don't buy gold or anything, I play for free.

Woebetide any company who wants to - shock horror - actually make money...

Spot on! :director:
By Jensonb

Well "Home" is a joke, but the problem with Zynga is not that they charge money, but that their games are psychologically engineered to make people want to give them money, and to at the very least addict them.

See our F1 related articles too!