FORUMula1.com - F1 Forum

Discuss the sport you love with other motorsport fans

For computing and gaming discussion (incl. batracer)
By Jamie
f*** sake, its stupid. I bloody added loads of freinds who I know? I have specified my own school and it gave me all of my freinds? I added them, why do that if it thinks i'm a spammer, so what do i do now
By bud
Mutual friends are usually fine it all depends on the other persons privacy settings. Try searching people by their names and not their email addy, that's a sure sign of a spammer!

Facebooks easy and more useful than bloody twitter!
By Jamie
Mutual friends are usually fine it all depends on the other persons privacy settings. Try searching people by their names and not their email addy, that's a sure sign of a spammer!

Facebooks easy and more useful than bloody twitter!

i did search by name...i only do it that way...no hastle with twitter
By bud
Then get them to add you, you can have your profile to a complete private setting where you don't show up in a search result by name or email.

No point comparing to twitter, that's not got anything to do with Facebook.
By Jamie
Then get them to add you, you can have your profile to a complete private setting where you don't show up in a search result by name or email.

No point comparing to twitter, that's not got anything to do with Facebook.

true, but i should just be able to add the people I want. It's silly having to email everyone and ask them to add me...Annoying
By bud
Facebooks all about adding people you know, both parties have to agree to the friend request, unlike twitter where you can just follow people.

You're probably adding people without any
mutual friends. Only time I've ever had what you're describing is adding someone that had 0 mutual friends with me.
By Jamie
But there my school friends and I have only just started :bs:

Man It's so annoying I only wanted to be-freind all my school mates again.
By texasmr2
VB you will eventually get all of them added so don't fret and as bud suggested send them friends request instead of trying to add them.
Last edited by texasmr2 on 08 Mar 11, 22:49, edited 1 time in total.
By Gaz
But there my school friends and I have only just started :bs:

Man It's so annoying I only wanted to be-freind all my school mates again.

Yeh because you've just started you went from 0 freinds and added alot.

So Facebook blocks you until your first batch of requests are accepted or denied.

Once you've been accepted a few times you can add more people.

its to stop spammers joining and just adding everyone and sending out spam messages within facebook its good idea.
By Gaz
Add me!!
http://www.facebook.com/iVB009

When i tried it said

WARNING THIS PERSON MAY BE A SPAMMER.

Do not give your credit card details, bank information or personal information to this user.

They are being investigated for Spam, Abusive messages and Software Piracy By ICE - Homeland Security Investigations and the FBI.

Then it showed this Logo
By texasmr2
:yikes: VB might be getting some new Bling soon :hehe: !
How-To-Escape-From-Handcuffs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

See our F1 related articles too!